cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Snowbirds

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Saw and heard the first flight of Canada Geese heading south.
I think it’s a little early, maybe an early warning.
We are 85 miles north of Ottawa.
Could be time to kick the tires and check fluid levels.
10 REPLIES 10

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Wiggling my way south and right now here in Burns, OR (east side of the mountains). Very pleasant days, nights getting down in the 30's. Though at this RV park in Hines (2 miles from Burns), it's generally 10F warmer all night, but around the same all day.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
We are already on the way. Expect to arrive in Mesa next week, have some things we need to get done. But already the nights are cooling down. We love October in the Valley of the Sun, warm days, cool nights and no waiting lines for anything!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) 🙂
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could fix to go and just meander your way to AZ. There are many places in between with things to see and do. Also some very pleasant fall weather should be coming. Make it a new adventure going to AZ. Take a new route - shake things up a bit.

fchammer1
Explorer
Explorer
When those geese are in flight, one side of their "V" formation is always longer than the other. Ever wonder why? Well, (heavy pause), it's because there are more birds on that side!

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've been thinkin' about fixin' to get ready to go, but it's still way too hot in AZ to get serious about fixin' to get ready.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Big flock heading south last night here in North Central Minnesota. 88 degrees here today though. Won't be long until Winter arrives. We are at 29 days and counting down on our trip south.
pawatt

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
This is getting serious...
They’ve been passing over in large flocks every half hour or so.

That means you need to get out of dodge right NOW! :B

When I lived in Wisconsin you could set your winter calendar on when the geese started forming and circling you KNEW when winter was coming.

Also if my horses started getting their winter coat early? It was time to load up the MH and beat feet south!

I've seen the geese start forming way too early and each and every time sure enough we had a winter storm that year real early. They have never been wrong! Nature always 'knows' what's going on.

At the first sign of the geese forming I was outside getting the MH ready to head south! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
This is getting serious...
They’ve been passing over in large flocks every half hour or so.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
We are just south of San Francisco right now - slowly making our way towards Mesa, AZ and should be there by October 1st.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) 🙂
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
It is mid-September. I'd take that early appearance of Geese is a warning, yes. I'm down here in central Washington and haven't seen any early birds flying south yet.

Over the decades I've noticed that the hotter the summer, the stronger the winter, with colder air and more snow. Seems to offset.

My plan is to get to Mexico by mid-October or mid-November.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.