Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the hot seat - Passenger seat

Flee2thewoods
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
I have an issue with our 05 Tioga and wondering if anyone else has the same.

The passenger side gets very hot after traveling for awhile. So much so that I have to vacate the seat and move to the back couch or table area. The heat radiates up along the right side seat and door making it almost unbearable to sit there, especially when traveling in the summer.

Anyone else experiencing this with Tiogas or any other Class Cs?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
jimx200 wrote:
Bingo! Our Ford chassis with the V10 had the same hot floor/warm seat issue. Discovered our dog house cover was not correctly sealed. What completely fixed the heat issue is we lined the inside of the dog house with the silver reflective peel and stick insulation. We also pulled up a section of carpet where your feet rest and no more problem. A easy job.
Yep, happened to us also. Unlatched the dog house, checked seal and re-attached; all was better. We also have the coach heater that uses the engine heat while you are driving to warm the coach. If the fan switch (on lower right part of dash) is bumped to ON (Hi or LOW) it can get very warm in the passenger seat as the vent is located on the floor right behind the seat on the right side.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just run our Ford E450's air conditioning vent on the "Mix" position.

This shuts off the cold air from coming out directly at us from the dash vents and instead routes the cold air out the defroster vents and the floor vents. The portion of the cold air coming out down low at floor level keeps our feet and lower legs nice and comfortable.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

jimx200
Explorer
Explorer
Bingo! Our Ford chassis with the V10 had the same hot floor/warm seat issue. Discovered our dog house cover was not correctly sealed. What completely fixed the heat issue is we lined the inside of the dog house with the silver reflective peel and stick insulation. We also pulled up a section of carpet where your feet rest and no more problem. A easy job.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Harvard wrote:
camperdave wrote:
That doesn't seem right. Hot yes. So hot you can't sit there? Something is not right.

X2

Thinking about it, the poster may want to remove the doghouse and check the seal and if it's on properly. My floors get warm but not hot.

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2017 Chevy 450 chassis w/gas V-8. Recently took on 3500-4000 mile trip-part of it in 100+ degree temps. Didn't have any excessive heat on either the drivers or passengers front seating areas. Had read about Fords having passenger side seating heat issues-so got a Chevy. Hard to find Chevy's Class C campers, though.
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
camperdave wrote:
That doesn't seem right. Hot yes. So hot you can't sit there? Something is not right.

X2

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer

On my van, it's more the floor area between the front two seats, not so much coming up from the passenger side. My dog loves it on cold days, it's her warm spot between the front two seats. :C
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rvs built on Ford Chassis seem to have this problem.I kept a old thread that may be helpful to you,Click Here

I don't have that problem,my Tioga is on a Chevy Chassis :B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
bobndot wrote:
Is it a Ford or Chevy ?

I know that Fords can become hot in the floor area above the tranny and cat converter. There are threads where people have added foil insulation .

I installed KILLMAT under my dinette area during the carpet upgrade. I plan on doing the same in the front area Deciding first on the carpet I want to install.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it a Ford or Chevy ?

I know that Fords can become hot in the floor area above the tranny and cat converter. There are threads where people have added foil insulation .