cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cab over clearance lights

marty1300
Explorer
Explorer
I was attempting to replace a cab over marker/clearance light on my 2011Fleetwood Tioga Montara. The wiring harness for far right light fell into the big front cab over shell. The harness seemed real short. Has any been able to fish one back out? Tried for an Hour with no luck. Not sure how to access from inside if possible
Marty
11 REPLIES 11

marty1300
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
Sold in many home improvement centers, these affordable bendable grabbers come in very long lengths and might grab the lost wire harness.

I would not abandon the lost wires because the positive and negative wires could touch each other creating electrical troubles and possibly a fire.

OP I like this will have to look for one
Marty
Marty

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Sold in many home improvement centers, these affordable bendable grabbers come in very long lengths and might grab the lost wire harness.

I would not abandon the lost wires because the positive and negative wires could touch each other creating electrical troubles and possibly a fire.

marty1300
Explorer
Explorer
Harvey51 wrote:
How do you reach the middle lights to change them?
I don’t want to hang over the roof.

I can get to them from the roof
Marty
Marty

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
How do you reach the middle lights to change them?
I don’t want to hang over the roof.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

Stim
Explorer
Explorer
Take the light loose next to it and the wire should be connected to it.
Use a coat hanger or stiff wire and fish it back to the hole.
If you leave the loose wire in there it could short out.

marty1300
Explorer
Explorer
OP here, I have ordered a lizard cam ( as seen on tv) has a 4' cable with camera and hook. If that does not work I will fish a wire from the light next over they are about 18" apart. Thanks for the ideas
Marty

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
77rollalong wrote:
could try removing the lights ether side and fish a new wire from there as well too
X2

Mine, IIRC are daisy chained together, removing the next one should give you access to the wires and with a wire from the lost cable hole to the next one should allow you to pull the lost wires back up in position.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
could try removing the lights ether side and fish a new wire from there as well too

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
A shop-vac might get it for you- worth a try anyway.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Know the feeling lost one myself. Got a cheap bore scope for phone and went fishing. Duck tape on wire hanger, etc anything to get ahold of it. Finally luck on my side with those small sink drain curley things taped to fishing pole end. And from then on I dont let spring tension of a wire out of my hand without taping it to the side of hole.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If all else fails, you could tap into the adjoining one.