cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tow Car

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I need to talk with anyone that is pulling a 2003 Honda Element with all 4 wheels on the ground. I need to know if this car can be pulled & if so what needs to be done to pull one.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
7 REPLIES 7

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you do anything special other than just hook it up and go?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

tikasdad
Explorer
Explorer
I towed a 2004 Honda Element 4-down without issue...do not believe much changed from 2003 to 2004.
Jeff Wee
'99 Monaco La Palma
'04 Honda Element

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Honda CRV that I think is almost the same drive train as the Element and have no problem towing. It is automatic also. There are two full pages in the owners manual about safely towing behind a motorhome.

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the info guys
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Why ask us? Read the Honda literature. Be sure, not sorry. โ€œexcept ignore the restrictionsโ€ at your risk, not wild toadโ€™s.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last point is important:
From the above link...

Towable as is with speed and/or distance restrictions. Please see Owner's Manual for confirmation and procedures.

It is not recommended to tow this vehicle over 65MPH

When towing for an extended period of time, start the vehicle as often as possible and allow it to run for five minutes to prevent battery drain.

Officially from both Honda and REMCO the vehicle is not towable. However, we at Remco have a large number of customers who are flat-towing that vehicle behind their Motor Home and they are not having any issues. Follow the "Emergency Towing" procedures in the owner's manual to a "T" except ignore the restrictions and follow those procedures each and every time you tow.

NOTE: If you choose tow your Honda, and have any damage to the Transmission as a result, you will have to pay for that expense out of pocket. It is nothing that Honda or Remco will warranty. Also, it should be noted that Remco sells no aftermarket product (Lube Pump or otherwise) to make this car towable.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Per Honda -----NO

Per Remco No
But YES

Remco Towing Info---Select Honda Element trim/model
Is it time for your medication or mine?