Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ok what about this Winne

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Winnebago Ithaca 26 fr one slide great condition 40 k
I want to see it tomorrow. Are these good ??
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
29 REPLIES 29

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:
Did you buy it?

Not yet...im close,,,drove it to my pole barn today to make sure it would go in the driveway ok and it did, plenty of height room and width room going in the door too...
I think this is the one for us and the price seems fair

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Did you buy it?
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
Gjac wrote:
luberhill wrote:
Letโ€™s hear some thoughts ??
Look at the tank capacities especially fresh water if you plan on visiting NP's,Sp's etc with out hookups. Storage is another concern, will you be able to store all your stuff in those small cut out storage bays? Are there any pass tru storage bays for storing stuff like tables,a ladder,etc? It really depends on how you camp and where you want to camp and what you want to take with you to enjoy your camping experience. Check the CCC you should not have a problem there also that MH should have plenty of performance on mountain roads. Check how it handles, some shorter MH's with short wheel bases can be difficult to drive and some drive OK. Good luck in your search.

Yea tank sizes are great for the two of us, the storage compartments are very nice, huge pass thru in the rear, he has tons of laddrs, tables, chairs, rugs etc and is leaving everything, tons of inside storage too..it drives like a car,,,one year old coach batteries (2) brand new cranking battery.He is leaving all the ext cords, sewer pipes, water hoses, cable tv stuff, two nice flat screens, all dishes and silverware...everything..I was going to try and offer him less than the 40k he is asking but I don't think I will, he has every single pc of paperwork that goes with it...
80 gallon fuel tank,60 gallon fresh water,43 gallon black,38 grey,18 gallon propane,3 leather captains chairs...

Sounds like it's what you're looking for, so let's get to writing that check, before it's too late and your postings will be about โ€ฆ.could've, should've..., rather than with questions about your new coach.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
luberhill wrote:
Look at the tank capacities especially fresh water if you plan on visiting NP's,Sp's etc with out hookups. Storage is another concern, will you be able to store all your stuff in those small cut out storage bays? Are there any pass tru storage bays for storing stuff like tables,a ladder,etc? It really depends on how you camp and where you want to camp and what you want to take with you to enjoy your camping experience. Check the CCC you should not have a problem there also that MH should have plenty of performance on mountain roads. Check how it handles, some shorter MH's with short wheel bases can be difficult to drive and some drive OK. Good luck in your search.

Yea tank sizes are great for the two of us, the storage compartments are very nice, huge pass thru in the rear, he has tons of laddrs, tables, chairs, rugs etc and is leaving everything, tons of inside storage too..it drives like a car,,,one year old coach batteries (2) brand new cranking battery.He is leaving all the ext cords, sewer pipes, water hoses, cable tv stuff, two nice flat screens, all dishes and silverware...everything..I was going to try and offer him less than the 40k he is asking but I don't think I will, he has every single pc of paperwork that goes with it...
80 gallon fuel tank,60 gallon fresh water,43 gallon black,38 grey,18 gallon propane,3 leather captains chairs...

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
luberhill wrote:

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Winnebago 32k and are very pleased with the build. We have had problems, but this has been with the systems such as the AC units, not with the build of the chassis.

Winnebago has great service after the sale, even after the warranty has expired. I have called the service department and they always contact me back.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Yea I know, I see pros and cons for both,,,,having the TT makes sense because I have a full size truck and would be able to use the truck to drive after dropping the TT...I don't want to buy another car to tow behind the MH which is why we were looking at short ones

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
wonder if any here have gone from a MH to a TT and why ? Again I have a 4x4 F150 V8 truck already so that's why im thinking MAYBE a TT...but I know ill need a generator, ill have to exit the truck to enter the TT, less maintenance on the TT, uggggg....decisions

Your lifestyle should be able to dictate your needs and for making this type of decision.

Exp.... years ago when still working and having young children, we had a TT and made a couple of vacatioin trips a year, where we sat until it was time to go back home. The rest of the time, the TT was left in the mountains by a river and where we would spend some weekends.

Now retired and doing some traveling, with many times not staying in the the same CG, two nights in a row, having a Class A is a no brainer and wouldn't think of having a pull behind of any sort, ever again.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
wonder if any here have gone from a MH to a TT and why ? Again I have a 4x4 F150 V8 truck already so that's why im thinking MAYBE a TT...but I know ill need a generator, ill have to exit the truck to enter the TT, less maintenance on the TT, uggggg....decisions

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
ArchHoagland wrote:
They are all good and they are all bad. If it has the floor plan you like, reasonably priced and clean...go for it.

I think that is the best advice you will get here.

There are many makes of Motor Homes from low end Gassers to big diesel pushers with million dollar PLUS price tags.. But for the most part there is not a lot of difference.. Oh the high end have additional features and comforts and diesels can both haul and tow more "Stuff" (People. clothing, tools) Fit and finish tends to be better on the high end and leather instead of fabric interiors and such.

But the floor plan is all important.

And one suggestion.. IF you plan to travel very far. (Say more than 100 miles from home) and don't want to spend a fortune on bottled water (I use a PUR filter. used to use a Brita but it did not bounce and the Thrift I was working at had a Pur on the shelf so I bought it). Get a bath and a half model.

Because as we all know.. how long a Minute is.. Depends entierly on WHICH side of the door you are on.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
So are you saying Coachnet is not worth it ?? What do you suggest for ERS assistance ? I donโ€™t really have a need for the hydraulic motorcycle mount he has on it, Iโ€™m sure it was expensive as it very heavy duty
Still on the fence between a TT and MH

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
He paid 70k in 2012.. I drove it today her are a list of my concerns and questions... one to any and all ideas
1) that huge windshield letโ€™s alot of light/ heat in when driving, issue?
2) no spare
3) the coach itself is mint condition. Extra tv and all led lights.. 100 hrs on the gen
4) all power levelers and air bags, drives very nice, tons of inside and outside storage..
5) what would be the best road service to get ?
6) what would be the best ext warranty or is it not worth it, he has a bumper to bumper Good Sam Camping World one now that is transferable but runs out in a month,,,

Now wife and I think maybe a TT would be better ?? I have a F159 pick up already, I would get a quiet invertor generator to run the ac which I assume would be quieter than the Oman in the class A ??
But I do like the idea of being able to go on the living area without having to exit the vehicle but having a truck to drive after unhooking would be nice..
Itโ€™s just wife , me and dog

Firstly, there's nothing like a Class A IMO.
That big windshield is for better viewing of America.
Forget the aggravation of an extended warranty and besides, it's hard to bet against the house and win.
Coachnet has been the flagship for road hazard coverage, but is now getting expensive, by comparison.
Most don't have a spare anymore, but if you can find room for an unmounted one, even, it might save you the pain of having to buy what you don't want, while on the road and at some dealer's mercy.
Having a dinghy is always nice and if a 4x4 PU, it can usually be towed.

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
He paid 70k in 2012.. I drove it today her are a list of my concerns and questions... one to any and all ideas
1) that huge windshield letโ€™s alot of light/ heat in when driving, issue?
2) no spare
3) the coach itself is mint condition. Extra tv and all led lights.. 100 hrs on the gen
4) all power levelers and air bags, drives very nice, tons of inside and outside storage..
5) what would be the best road service to get ?
6) what would be the best ext warranty or is it not worth it, he has a bumper to bumper Good Sam Camping World one now that is transferable but runs out in a month,,,

Now wife and I think maybe a TT would be better ?? I have a F159 pick up already, I would get a quiet invertor generator to run the ac which I assume would be quieter than the Oman in the class A ??
But I do like the idea of being able to go on the living area without having to exit the vehicle but having a truck to drive after unhooking would be nice..
Itโ€™s just wife , me and dog