cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Captain Chairs OR Reupholster Old?

werni9
Explorer
Explorer
Galeria Captain chairs is what we have now. 6 way electric with hand crank lumbar. Neither have kick out recliner for legs. They are cloth and need new cushions and maybe spring reinforcement. NEW can run $800 then add elec. and more. Could run into $1500 a piece. Re upholstered can run near a grand per chair for cloth. Not a big fan of leather driving seats.
WHAT DO YOU THINK. If new...What brand?
6 REPLIES 6

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
If you can find a reputable local upholstery shop, then go for it.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to scout the RV "wrecking yards" for good used captain's chairs.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We had our captains chairs recovered a couple years ago. The total cost for 2 reupholstered and seat foam upgraded was about the cost of ONE new chair. We had to take them out and take them to the facility and they called when they were done. DH reinstalled them.

We went to Mastercraft in Shipshewana, Indiana. They make furniture for RV's. They have an employee who does this on the side. They don't care to mess with the reupholstery business, so they send all that work to her. She took about 2 weeks and they are beautiful. We chose the fabric and got a better quality and a slightly darker color that complements nicely.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

cableguy574
Explorer
Explorer
We just had our Captions chairs for $2000.00 verses over $ 5000.00. They look and feel great.
2008 National Pacifica V36a
2014 Jeep Wrangler /Brake Buddy
JUST Me & My wife & dogs 🙂
FMCA 387898
A member of NUTS

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We just had our couch upholstered. Prices were 2000 and up. We found a place that does autos but did house furniture when his dad was alive. Said he didn't have the right fabric but would do the job. We got the tapestry for about $200 and he did the work for about $250. We took the couch apart (bolted) and he re cushioned it. Looks good and should ware well.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
My son just went through this. For him there was very little cost difference between upholstery and new seats. He has some really nice seats now.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows