cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Purifiers?

werni9
Explorer
Explorer
With all the things in the air and we have a cat in our DP, what do people suggest to use to keep the air a little cleaner inside?
6 REPLIES 6

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Our Mh is tight but air coming in through the dash is unfiltered and we get a lot of everything on the road. if I could devise a housing and suitable non paper filter, easy to change it would be great.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
StevenLee wrote:
We use Ozone generator. It is really cool thing for house, especcialy when you havecats.

Aside from finding it funny there is a response to a thread that's 2 years old, you have to use a lot of care with Ozone Generators. Unless you let the half life of ozone (O3) expire you can cause some serious health issues. The reason Ozone works is because it adds an extra oxygen atom to O2. Since organic things can't survive O3 absorption, O3 is highly unstable and the extra oxygen atom is absorbed by whatever it attaches to and in short - kills it (neutralizes). it is great Odor control but not really good as an air purifier - since you can't breathe Ozone as it can cause serious damage to your tissues, you can't let it run long enough to purify the air constantly. Ozone generators are to be used to address problems like odors, mold etc. Treatments. Short controlled treatments which involve removing the 3 P's (people, plants and pets) for those reasons. But they are not designed to be used as air purifiers.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

StevenLee
Explorer
Explorer
This question made worried me for a long time. My friend told me why i am not using Ozone Generator which is really compact and helpfull. Ozone Generator kills 99 percent of bacteria which is cool nowadays during pandemic time. As well it cleans air from the dust and remove any strange smells. I found one for myself on Damage Control 911 where is a big list of different models. I installed it at home and I have one the my car. It's really cool. If i have any question customer support help you anytime

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We have been using a Holmes Purifier since we started part-timing in 2006 and find this it does a nice job but we have no pets. We are on our second unit after wearing the first out after nine years - they run 24/7 for the seven months we are in the motorhome each year. I do use compressed air to clean it out every month or so and change the HEPA filter once a year.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.air-purifiers-america.com/products/honeywell-50250-enviracaire-air-purifier

Been using this since 2005. Does what you are talking about.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
werni9 wrote:
With all the things in the air and we have a cat in our DP, what do people suggest to use to keep the air a little cleaner inside?

An air circulating fan with a HEPA filter is about as good as you are going to get.
They do make ozone generators which can purify the air and remove odors but they are not always recommended for spaces that are occupied while in use.