cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lights for toad

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
I will be using a tow dolly for our 2006 Saturn Vue (to be pulled behind our HR Vacationer) and was wondering what type of lights (brakes/signals/etc) are required and what is best method. Haven't got the dolly yet but will likely go with a surge brake model. The HR currently has a standard 7 pin plug by the hitch.

Thoughts?
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)
5 REPLIES 5

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Another option is a stick on tail-gate running/turn/brake light strip. They sell them in 2 different length (48" and 60" I think). The 48" fits perfect on the focus. They you just need an extension to run the 4-way up front. I also bought a 4-way splitter so I can also keep the dolly plugged in. My strip came with a 5th wire to also connect backup lights, but I haven't hooked that up so I can't comment on brightness. The red LEDs however are very bright, even in direct sunlight. I bought the "OPT-7" brand strip.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks gang.

Yes my Vue can be flat towed but I have a line on a tow dolly that will cost me considerably less than setting up for flat tow. I'll try it for this season and maybe next year will go flat tow.
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you sure your Vue can't be flat towed. Have a friend that flat tows his Vue.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

puddleduck
Explorer
Explorer
IB853347201 wrote:
I believe most tow dolly's come equipped with signal lights, marker lights and a four pin connector to plug into the MH.
You do not need any additional lights.

I believe this to be true but I got a set of magnetic lights from Northern Tool to put at the very back.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
I believe most tow dolly's come equipped with signal lights, marker lights and a four pin connector to plug into the MH.
You do not need any additional lights.
2010 Suncruiser