cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Will Rhino Blaster work on my trailer?

marcarolle
Explorer
Explorer
I was planning of buying the https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39080-Rhino-Blaster-Rinser/dp/B00T36KRS2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie...Camco Rhino Blaster to help with the cleaning of the black tank.

But I noticed that the main drain under the trailer (where I would attach the Rhino Blaster) is located between the Grey Tank and the black tank. So even if connect a water hose to the Rhino to give either tank a good blast, it looks like the powerful jet would not make it to either tank.

Should I just stick to the wand that I insert in the toilet bowl?
Me
DW

Gouda - 11 months Golden Retriever
Eva Golden Retriever (we miss you!)

2019 F150 2.7l V6 Ecoboost
2008 Gulf Breeze 26RKS

2004 Antigua 215SS Hybrid - gone
2002 Jayco Eagle 12SD pop up - gone
1996 10 ft Clipper pop up - gone
1977 10 ft Lionel pop up - gone
8 REPLIES 8

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
bpounds wrote:
Why do you need a "clean" black tank?

OR why not? :W

I've always serviced my waste tanks here at the house using a FloJet Waste Macerator & a tank flushing wand down the toilet throat ...

... and this is what the output from the tanks looks like when I'm done. :B

It's not a matter of "why" but "why not". :B

JMO but so-called "tank back flushers" like this Rhino Blaster or a Flush King or a Hydro Flush are all a waste of time as they don't "flush" anything but merely back fill the tank with water. They also can't clean the toilet throat as does a flushing tank wand.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Why do you need a "clean" black tank?

Best you can do is put some auto-dishwashing detergent in a 1/4 full tank and go for a vigorous drive. Dump contents before it has much time to settle out.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV holding tanks come in many different shapes, sizes and drain locations. How well a "Blaster" will work depends on your particular tank. Effectiveness can range from zip to "sorta/maybe okay on a good day if lucky". The first tank below for ex. has a recessed end drain and the spray would hit the opposite wall and do nothing.

The second tank has an end drain and the water would have to hit the opposite tank wall 5'+ away. Note the location of the tank sensors. The spray will never hit them to clean them off.

And then you'll have one or two bends in the drain pipe so there really is no direct water "spray" hitting the innards of the tank anyway.

Our black tank is like the third photo. Again, there's no way a spray would clean the sensors off. We have a back flush elbow that worked reasonably okay on a previous TT (had small tank) but does nothing for our current TT and the photo explains why. We have an in-tank rinser but the spray nozzle is on the same wall as the sensors so does little if anything to clean the sensors. I let our in-tank rinser run about 15 minutes or so while breaking camp. When peering down into the tank, the tank bottom gets pretty clean but have no idea how clean the sidewalls or the tank bottom elsewhere gets. We even have Horst Miracle probes that don't help and was money wasted.

A toilet wand sprayer is as good as you can get but not exactly convenient to use.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
A good ole tank wand is far more effective and cheaper. A wand can effectively clean everything from the toilet throat down to the valve. The flexible ones are good for the complex tanks. Unless you have a fairly flat tank and a straight shot back to it then these valve mounted flushers don't do much to clean the tank.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The spray will hit the first turn and fizzle out. DTR's sprayer is the only sure thing to blast sensors clean. I made my own out of scrap PVC but one that points in one direction as shown in the link works best and gives you great control.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
All this will do is back fill the tank from the bottom...

If you want to "blast" gunk off the sides of the tank and off the level sensors you will need go go from the top through the toilet with one of the many wands that are available out there.....or install a black tank flush system..

Example......Toilet Wand LINK

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
marcarolle wrote:

Yes, the spray up the outlet systems do little anyway.

X2.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
marcarolle wrote:

Yes, the spray up the outlet systems do little anyway.