cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best GPS maps for iPad

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
we are updating our mapping program on our iPad.
what app/program do you like?
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
9 REPLIES 9

Off_Pavement
Explorer
Explorer
"You Need A Map" is a pretty good mapping program with high detail when drilled down. I like it to keep track of where I am, not to find where I'm going.
The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"Never liked mapping programs on devices that you had to hold when in use"

I don't hold my iPad when using Forest Maps. Best five bucks I ever spent.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tom/Barb wrote:
Dick_B wrote:
Never liked mapping programs on devices that you had to hold when in use; unless there is a separate navigator doing the holding and looking. Our GPS mounts on the dash and can be seen by all in the front seat without the driver taking his eyes off the road for more than a moment.

That's pretty much what our iPad does in the coach.

Ditto here, my iPad mounts to the front of the drivers side window. It neither blocks my view of the road or side mirror. Best of all the sound is terrific, especially when paired with my Bluetooth or wired earphones.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
Never liked mapping programs on devices that you had to hold when in use; unless there is a separate navigator doing the holding and looking. Our GPS mounts on the dash and can be seen by all in the front seat without the driver taking his eyes off the road for more than a moment.

That's pretty much what our iPad does in the coach.

dedmiston
Tom/Barb wrote:
Navigon is gone

Wow. That stinks.

Thanks for the link.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Navigon is gone

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

We fulltime and Iโ€™ve been using Co-Pilot gps app for years. I use it on my iPad and phone.

โ€œHappy Trailsโ€
Chiefneon

dedmiston
I've always liked Navigon because you can download the maps to your iOS device instead of relying on cell coverage to download the maps on the fly. They issue quarterly updates to their maps, so they're pretty accurate.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230