Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2002 Dutchman Captiva 249QRB

buzz_mn_58
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
I’m new to the fourms, and this is my first TT. I’ve had it for a couple of months now. My question is this... on the end of the kitchen counter, or maybe call it the side of the counter, just above armrest of couch there is a gfci outlet and next to it is a 120v light switch. What is ‘this switch for? The previous owners didn’t know what it was for. And they owned it for 3 years!!
Thanks for reading my first post
7 REPLIES 7

buzz_mn_58
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE....... That is the 120v switch for the hot water. Today I went out to camper and was determined to figure it out. There was a 15 amp breaker that was triped. Reset it, turned light switch on and in 20 minutes the water was warming.
Thanks

buzz_mn_58
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone explain how the gas/electric hot water heater normally switch between gas and electric. Atwood GCAA 9E

buzz_mn_58
Explorer
Explorer
The wires go through the floor, under the sink.
I know there hooked to something because, when I bought the tt from previous owners they had it plpowered by a 12ga extension cord. With the a/c running fan on high, when I tried the switch the fan speed would slow. So something was pulling power.

I thought it might be the hot water heater but by just flipping the switch the water doesn’t get hot.

If I turn on the switch labeled hot water it gets heated by gas.
Maybe I just don’t know how to get it to heat by electricity, and it is a hot water electric switch.

Timtation
Explorer
Explorer
Outside outlet? Can you see the wiring from inside the cabinets?

buzz_mn_58
Explorer
Explorer
I thought it might be the hot water heater also. But I don’t think it is.

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
If you provide the make, model, & year of your trailer someone may be able to answer your question. They are all different.

Woops, I should have reread the title of your post. Hope you get the answer.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi