cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happy Jac Bed System

Birdie1025
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 2007 weekend warrior FK2100 that has a manual pull down bed. Is it a DIY to install a happy jac bed system? Do you have to remove anything to install the power connections?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

racerguy351
Explorer
Explorer
Birdie1025 wrote:
Looking at a 2007 weekend warrior FK2100 that has a manual pull down bed. Is it a DIY to install a happy jac bed system? Do you have to remove anything to install the power connections?

Thanks

We have an FK2100 and love it other than the bed. As we get older it gets to be a bit more of a pain to climb the ladder to get in and out of bed. Mirage Trailers ( http://www.mirageinc.com/happijac-power-bed-lift-w-optional-double-bunk ) was recommended and they do sell the Happi Jac. I was interested until I found out how much it would cost to get it to Canada. I looked into what it would take to install it and it looks like the walls would have to be opened up and some blocking added. Might or might not be a big deal. The electrical part of it would probably be easyish for me. I also looked into putting in a fold down bed, almost like a murphy bed, but haven't quite decided on that either. For now the ladder works but it's not ideal.

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
If that is a requirement keep looking for one that already has one, those systems are around $4000.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

dedmiston
Those WW pull down beds were pretty bullet proof. You might actually like what's already in there. Since it's manual, it's one less thing to break.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I would imagine it's quite a job. I doubt backing will be in the correct locations, you'll need power and switching, etc.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Birdie1025
Explorer
Explorer
I meant for that to is it hard to install a happy jac bed system?