cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maxxair 5301, your opinions please.

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
I'm considering installing the Maxxair 5301 in our Laredo 316RL. 5301 because I think it will do a good job at ventilating. Why the bathroom? Because it already has power and with the door closed it will be quieter and I think still ventilate well? Your opinions will be greatly appreciated!
8 REPLIES 8

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We had a MaxxAir TourBo 1200T that we liked real well, traded mh and went to get a new one for the new mh and they are no longer available. If I had known that before we traded we would have removed it before we traded.
I would settle for a working used one. Can't find one.

Dusty

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply's! I don't think I actually need 10 speeds or a re mote, but that may be an option if I decide to put it in another less accessible location. The vortex looked good but I don't think it will move the volume of air I might want from time to time.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced our bath fan with a Vortex. Two reasons; minimal cost and not having to remove the existing vent. I already have a cover over the vent allowing operation in the rain.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I put a Maxxair similar to the 5300 but with the remote control and 10 speeds and loved it. I have it on my list to add to our latest camper. The 10 speeds give you more options, we often had it on the lowest setting and that was enough and pulled very little current. The remote was a plus when I remembered to lay it next to the bed and got hot or cold in the middle of the night. Loved that you could leave it open in the rain.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with your thinking, we did exactly that on our last coach and probably will this one too. I would spend a bit more and get the one with thermostat controls.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a 10 speed Maxxfan in the bathroom and we love it. We usually leave it running on itโ€™s 2nd lowest speed and that keeps everything dry and fresh. We hang things to dry in the shower and that works well too. And very quiet, we run it thru the night too. Of course all this only when the battery situation allows.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
In retrospect, I should have gone Vortex as Iamichabod did.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looked into this one and not wanting to tear into the roof like I did with the Fantastic Fan I chose to put a VORTEX fan in the bathroom,It is a snap to do with very detailed instructions and it is multi speed and reversible.

Here is an earlier post that is really helpful.

I have left mine on for days at a time with no problems when plugged in.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C