cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TT TH with Azdel

R_J
Explorer
Explorer
Hello there. I’m a newbie researching my first toy Hauler.
Although there is a lot to consider, I have made the decision to buy a trailer constructed with Azdel instead of Luan.
I have found 3 models so far: Winnebago Spyder, Coachmen Adrenaline, ATC.

I am looking for a half ton towable, full 102” Wide Body, mid-20 foot length

If anyone has any suggestions, or can name another brand to look in to, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance,
Robert from North Carolina
4 REPLIES 4

Y-Guy
R J wrote:
But when I looked up the specs on their website, it says they are Luan panels. Not sure what’s going on there, but the video is older so maybe they have since switched back to Luan?

With the "subject to change" line in all brochures and website you want to get things in writing (not word of mouth). Lance sold out to the REV Group last January so things could have changed due to that.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

R_J
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You for the replies.
I will definitely look into the details of construction before I pull the trigger.
That being said.

Does anyone know of other manufacturers that are using Azdel (at least on outer walls)?
Or are the 3 I have mentioned the only ones?

I saw a video by Lance saying they use Azdel on Outside and Inside walls.
But when I looked up the specs on their website, it says they are Luan panels. Not sure what’s going on there, but the video is older so maybe they have since switched back to Luan?

socaladam
Explorer
Explorer
ATC uses aluminum for the outer skin, so the only azdel that's used in on the interior (at least for the toy hauler line)

http://aluminumtoyhauler.com/models.html

ATC wrote:

INTERIOR

• 7” INTERIOR HEIGHT

• AZDEL DECORATIVE WALL BOARD

• AZDEL WHITE VINYL CEILING

• 1" E.P.S. INSULATED WALLS R-3

• FIBERGLASS BATTEN INSULATION FOR CEILING R-11

• 6" ATP INTERIOR KICKPLATE

• BLINDS

• (2) FIRE EXTINGUISHERS - 2.5# ABC

• WARDROBE (N/A ON 6’ WIDE)

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Read the fine print on Coachmen. Not all of the walls are Azdel over an aluminum frame (the only reason why that I can think of is cost). Neither is the roof.