cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing a hybrid travel trailer

Amandagowan
Explorer
Explorer
Newbie to the forum. And to hybrids. So my dh and I are looking to get a hybrid the last week of September. I have some particular specs from the research I’ve done thus far. If you know of a camper that fits the following, can you please let me know? TIA

1. Under 17’
2. Under 3000 lbs
3. No slide outs
4. Bathroom has only a toilet and full tub (no sink)
5. Side wall a/c (lighter weight)
6. U-shaped dinette

Please post camper names with these specs. Thx.

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
9 REPLIES 9

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
Finding a decent popup lacking these "features" will be difficult. These are small popup specs. My last popup, though, would not meet this criteria.

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
1. Under 17’ Nope
2. Under 3000 lbs more like 3500 plus ready to camp with 450 pound plus tongue weight
3. No slide outs they are heavy
4. Bathroom has only a toilet and full tub (no sink) disgusting in kitchen sink
5. Side wall a/c (lighter weight) Garbage Roof!
6. U-shaped dinette Nope
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so leary of side wall ac. Makes me think the roof is pure garbage, non walk on, and can fail with minimal snow load. I despise single axle trailers being sold these days to 100,000 newbies. They will be all over the used market with bent axles, failed roofs, and delamninated sides.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Are we considering used hybrids as well as new?
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Even KZ's 160rbt is almost 19' long. And I don't think they do the side a/c anymore.
I don't know of any hybrid that's under 17' tongue to bumper.
And as was said, none will have a u-dinette, just not enough room.
So you have to give up somethings.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Youre going to search long and hard to find 4, 5, and 6 all in one. I have had 3 hybrids and have looked at just about every model made since the mid 00's either in person or online. I only remember a very few that had what could be called a full tub, actually a "tub" about 3'-6" long . Most under 19' will not have a u dinette. There were a few smaller in the past that had a u dinette on the end where you had to crawl over it to get in the front bunk. Side wall AC? I dont know why you would even want that. KZ was using those in smaller trailers and they were only 6000 BTU.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Shaving, make up, hair do and after toilet use hand washing in the kitchen area is something you want to do?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
#6 is going to be hard with #3