cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our first BIG trip report!

Frank55
Explorer
Explorer
We drove out 24 year old 5th wheel all the way from north Texas to Yellowstone. We are extremely pleased that the only casualties to report where when we had to slam on the brakes while going through Denver. We lost 2 glasses and the lid to our crock pot. The east entrance was closed due to snow so we had to make a detour via the Cheif Joseph Scenic highway. Which meant driving a 30 foot trailer in the rain, fog and steep hills and tight curves. My advice is do not get in a hurry, be prepared and take it easy. I read where people had all sorts of problems. The problem with that is I only saw where people reported when bad things happen. We had a great trip and I would do it again anytime!
4 REPLIES 4

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Since you drove the Chief Joseph Hwy you're ready for anything! Glad you had a good trip.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

hl_remington
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you had a good trip

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a great trip. We used to rush to get where we were going but now take things a lot slower, enjoying the trip, and things go much smoother.
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Glad that you had a good, safe, and memorable trip. Alonso, glad that you are โ€œreadyโ€ to do it again! The single biggest thing to having a good trip....preparation! ๐Ÿ™‚
Though even when, you think youโ€™ve properly prepared....things can still happen! So....then you need to be prepared for that event. Rvโ€™ing is an adventure.....both the good and the bad! The bad makes you really appreciate the good! :B
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl