cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer Mods Small TT

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
Well, my perfect small TT would be a Kodiak 175BH Cub, but there were none close and I didn't want to pay the premium of about four to five K over the Aspen Trail 1700BH with the identical floor plan both made by Dutchmen.

First thing I did was flip the axle before buying (200 bucks) thereby pickin up about 10 inches of height. It has already payed for itself by preventing me from ripping the black/gray tank valves off. Second was to get a two step door stairs and install myself (90 bucks). Intalled a TV inside with the TV/DVD at $139 and the greatest TV wall mount at $39.

I just bought two front stabilizers from Amazon Open Box warehouse about 40% off and will install this weekend.

And so, next year or so I will put 15 inch tires on it and pretty much be where I want to be on this. We love it size wise (21.5 feet) and I love the weight (3600 loaded). Comparing to the Kodiak, I already got whacked by a rock on the front that just barely did not go through the steel outside. I'm thinking that it would have damaged a fiberglass outside AND I prefer the window by the back bottom bunk vs the "pack and play" door. The torsion suspension on the Kodiak and resulting capacity and height and ride gain is nice vs my 1700BH as are the larger tires and I do like the black tank flush/outside shower on the Kodiak, but I can address the tire height thing AND I didn't spend another four or five K.

I am more than content. And this is fun. She loves a toilet shower over the old pop up and hard sides are a definite improvement.
0 REPLIES 0