cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 explorer toad wiring?

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. I`ve been looking for a plug and play wiring kit for our Explorer. I don`t want to cut into the factory wiring to install diodes and such, I can do it but I`de rather it be plug and play like the kit we put in my buddy`s `11 Focus. I`ve come across universal kits but nothing vehicle specific. Anyone know of anything available?

Thanks!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
6 REPLIES 6

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
blownstang01 wrote:
I have searched and couldn't find anything when I did our 2014. Bit the bullet and installed the diodes, bought a universal kit from e-trailer. Good Luck!

Thatโ€™s probably what Iโ€™ll end up doing!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
I have searched and couldn't find anything when I did our 2014. Bit the bullet and installed the diodes, bought a universal kit from e-trailer. Good Luck!

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Try contacting Hopkins directly.

Also remember that many "newer" vehicles now have LED brake/tail lights which can not be connected in parallel to the TV light. Also, many "newer" vehicles now electronics that "monitor" even incandescent bulbs for proper operation

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I asked etrailer and they have nothing. I donโ€™t want the magnetic lights. Looks cheap and will scratch the paint when put on and off in the same area all the time. I guess I will have to go with the splice kit.

Thanks everyone.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Plug and Play by Tekonsha, Demco and Hopkins all listed HERE.

Oops, sorry wrong end of the car. Try those three anyway but Bargman is a possibility and etrailer.com may have something.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
There are universal kits that supply separate bulbs and wiring that install inside the rear light housing and plug in like a simple trailer. You can get wired or wireless magnetic lights that stick to top of vehicle.( makes it look like it is being taken away by a tow truck ). Roadmaster makes a separate lighting kit.