cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing a Saturn Outlook

1fastdad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Saturn outlook it is the same as the equinox and the travers. are there any problems towing it 4down. Its 2 wheel drive.
3 REPLIES 3

apr67
Explorer
Explorer
1fastdad wrote:
I have a 2008 Saturn outlook it is the same as the equinox and the travers. are there any problems towing it 4down. Its 2 wheel drive.

The outlook is a twin with the Traverse, but not the Equinox, btw.

Equinox, Terrain (chevy, gmc) 5 passenger suv
Traverse, Acadia, Outlook and Enclave (chevy, gmc, saturn and buick) 7-8 passenger suv.
2017 Thor Hurricane 34J
Gone-2014 Chevy Express 3500
Gone-2016 Jayco White Hawk 32DSBH
Gone-2013 Keystone Bullet 294BHS
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is also a VERY important shift sequence so check the owners manual it's the same engine and trans as a Honda CR-V. I think it goes shift through all the gears with engine running last gear to put it in is drive then N and turn it off. But check the manual.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Y-Guy
Generally speaking the old Saturn line-up made for good dingy's that were very popular. But check your owners manual first.

Here are some notes from Remco:

2008 Saturn Outlook ALL FWD V6 3.6L cyl 6-Speed Automatic 6T75
Notes

* Towable as is with speed and/or distance restrictions. Please see Owner's Manual for confirmation and procedures.
* It is not recommended to tow this vehicle over 65MPH
* The vehicle should be ran at the beginning of each day and at each RV fuel stop for about 5 minutes. This will ensure proper lubrication of transmission components. To prevent battery from draining while the vehicle is being towed, remove the fuse listed in the Owner's Manual from the fuse block, see Owner's Manual. This will need to be installed to restart vehicle.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon