Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Your class A Squeak and Creak ?

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

Aside from items in cabinets, do most mid-range Class A's squeak and creak a bit going down the road? Slide room, dash, etc...

Thanks
Dan

P.S. Ours does and I am on a squeak/creak eradication campaign. DW tells me to give it a rest and just live with a few squeaks and creaks. After all it is a house going down the road at 55 mph..
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
25 REPLIES 25

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Mine doesn't if I turn my hearing aids off ! :B Anything will rattle on California freeways. I stay out of the far right hand lane as much as possible unless the traffic is very heavy.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
cruz-in wrote:
Hi,

Aside from items in cabinets, do most mid-range Class A's squeak and creak a bit going down the road? Slide room, dash, etc...

Thanks
Dan

P.S. Ours does and I am on a squeak/creak eradication campaign. DW tells me to give it a rest and just live with a few squeaks and creaks. After all it is a house going down the road at 55 mph..

Only when I drive it. 🙂
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Ours really doesn't unless we are on an extremely rough road. I have had them that did but I usually had my wife drive and I would go on a rattle search! This one really doesn't have much noise after I took out the boat anchor TV that was overhead in the front and put in a flat screen. I can't stand a lot of noise in a vehicle. 😉
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
Our is squeak,creak and rattle free. Pot holes and terrible expansion joints can be jarring though.

X2, love that Country Coach build!
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Our Newmar is a long wheelbase raised rail chassis, you twist it, it will complain
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it does, it's not noticeable. But, it has soft springs, soft shock absorbers, ample suspension travel, long wheelbase, and solid wood quality cabinets.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi,

Ours does. But I’m assuming this is more of an issue with gas rigs on standard spring/shock suspensions than higher end DP’s and such with air bag suspensions. I’m assuming my rig wouldn’t squeak as much if it was separated from the road by pillows. 🙂

We just turn up the radio! 🙂

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
Mine does as well, but it's a 2006 model. I plan on spending a day in the near future doing what @scbwr did; going through the MH and tightening every screw, and installing rubber bumpers and/or weatherstripping on all drawers, covers, and so on. I've already noticed a few places where screws are actually missing!

I've already adjusted the tire pressure down (after weighing us loaded and consulting the tire pressure manuals) which helped, and next for the suspension will be a set of Koni adjustable shocks. The Bilteins are good shocks but a bit too stiff for my tastes. Don't know if I'll ever get it to ride super smooth, as it's a Ford F53 truck frame, unless, of course, I want to spend $15,000 on an air suspension conversion, which is NOT going to happen.

Al

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
My rattles are function of the quality of road I am traveling. Even the best air ride suspension cant quiet some of these bad roads in the US!
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine is very quiet when loaded for a trip. Empty it has lots of rattles and squeaks.
It also rides better when loaded than it does when empty.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine is a lot quieter than when I bought it. There has been much improvement after:
1. Going through and tightening every screw I could find.
2. Adding felt bumpers to prevent door rattles.
3. Tightening down lag screws on couch frame where mounted to floor.
4. Learning that the dinette table down eliminates table noise.
5. Keep electrical plate on door latch, and use slide bolt on door when traveling.
6. Installing new tires and adjusting tire pressure according to Toyo's chart. This was after having the motorhome weighed at the CAT scales.
7. Having the front end aligned....something that apparently had never been done.
8. Used foam sleeves to prevent dish and pot rattles.

At this point, the motorhome is pretty quiet on good to fair roads. Road joint bumps are much more dampened and cause less noise. As we're relatively new owners, I'm still listening and exploring how to reduce any noise....headed on a trip next week, so we'll get a better idea as we just installed tires and had he alignment done.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
apparently you do not own a cornerstone, the quietest motor home period. so they say

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Luckily, ours didn't. We are ones that would have to find it... like you. Have your wife drive it while you search.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Nope. Country Coaches do not squeak or rattle