cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great new website

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I was recently been contacted by the owner of this site. It's a great place fro information on places in Mexico all in one place. I have been giving her contacts in some of the smaller towns so they can help her add content.

http://mexicanroutes.com

She appreciates any more info on places you are intimately familiar with
13 REPLIES 13

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Its predominantly French, Frecn Candiasn are much more apt to travel in Caravans than English Canadians & Americans. Oddly enough, they seldom travel with dogs. I was in Melaque when they came through last year. The Wagon Masters also have young kids, I have to wonder how that works? Pierre & Louise sold it last year. Pierre had had enough.

tepetapan
Explorer
Explorer
You are right, amigos rodantes. It's not just for French speaking as there is usually a few in the group from the US. Infact they just wrote last night with dates for a 15 RV caravan.
There is more to Mexico then the left coast.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
It's actually Amigos Rodantes and is French. Caravanas de Mexico is the only company running english language ones. FYI, Gabe, Caravanas are now only doing Yucatan in even years. Fantasy still does a trip to Puerto Penasco.

Caravanes Soleil, also out of Quebec, wanted to start the Yucatan but he won't do it with less than 20 rigs. I told him he was crazy to attempt that route with that many rigs, especially since most are large Class A's towing cars. Caravanas did it last year with 12, and it was tough.

tepetapan
Explorer
Explorer
Actually there's at least 2 other caravan companies doing the main land. Casas Rodante out of the Quebec area has been a regular customer for years.
Another new, Germany based company, came through with two caravans last season and were very pleased. They are planning to come back a bit earlier in the season this year.

MexicanRoutes_c
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila wrote:
That is a big job, there are just over 500 of them. It's a bit redundant as there is a book out already (Church's) and website (ioverlander) to find them. What you coul do it mention there is an RV park in each one you list that has one, but then again they come and go. After 4 years the Churchbook is already 30% innacurate.

I will messenger you and give you some links to border crossing info that is continually updated and some other useful links with regard to driving there. Links to obtain on line permits, check permit status, convert fuel prices, etc

Same thing with Caravans, there is only one operator now on the mainland (except Fantasy which does a short trip to Puerto Penasco) and that is Caravanas de Mexico whih is in partnership with Vagabundos & Airstream. Their routes alter annually. In Baja, you have Baja Amigos. Baja Winters, Fantasy & Vagabundos, that follow more consistent routes, as there is only one route they can use.

I could just add "RV Caravan parking" inside each town listed to MexicanRoutes.com
I dont know if you have something online for important advices and suggestions, but I could at least add location of the parking place to each town of more popular caravan route.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
That is a big job, there are just over 500 of them. It's a bit redundant as there is a book out already (Church's) and website (ioverlander) to find them. What you coul do it mention there is an RV park in each one you list that has one, but then again they come and go. After 4 years the Churchbook is already 30% innacurate.

I will messenger you and give you some links to border crossing info that is continually updated and some other useful links with regard to driving there. Links to obtain on line permits, check permit status, convert fuel prices, etc

Same thing with Caravans, there is only one operator now on the mainland (except Fantasy which does a short trip to Puerto Penasco) and that is Caravanas de Mexico whih is in partnership with Vagabundos & Airstream. Their routes alter annually. In Baja, you have Baja Amigos. Baja Winters, Fantasy & Vagabundos, that follow more consistent routes, as there is only one route they can use.

MexicanRoutes_c
Explorer
Explorer
I could add "RV Caravans" section to my website.
I mean a list of RV Caravans parkings and routes indications, all that could help for caravan tours to Mexico.
Could you, please, note here all RV parks in Mexico wich you know?
Thanks

MexicanRoutes_c
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your feedbacks, guys.

I still update and add information and routes.
If you cant find any destination or want to inform me a bug or error, please contact me via mail form from the website or email to maya@zirriyeva.com
Thanks again.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Its nice to have all that in one spot

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Nice website. She has undertaken a big job. I wish her the best and look forward to reading lots of info.

Moisheh

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have her email, she contacted me via facebook https://www.facebook.com/mayazir

kca87
Explorer
Explorer
Where can we contact her for corrections. Looks very comprehensive but I live in La Paz, BCS, Mexico and see a few things that could be corrected.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Did a quick look at the site. Has a lot of good info for future reference, Thanks