cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

7-pin RV receptacle has one bad pin

Kwahl1
Explorer
Explorer
Just rewired a 7-pin receptacle that mounts under the rear hitch of my 09 HR Neptune. The old one was cracked. This is for the towing package. The lights and signals on the coach all work. One pin is not getting voltage, the right blinker. Right blinker on coach works. I have followed the wire to another wire harness, no voltage. I understand there may be a fuse for the accessory towing, just for that blinker on the right side. Again the coachโ€™s blinker work, not the wire to the receptacle. Iโ€™ve found the fuse box, visually they look good? But there are so many labels, fuses, diodes and relays. What label for a turn signal am I looking for? Is the left and right signal a separate fuse or relay. Maybe Iโ€™m looking for a different fuse box. Found two, one large and one smaller, fuse boxes up front in the left side cargo area. Maybe wrong fuse boxes? Any help to troubleshoot where Iโ€™m losing the voltage to the one plugโ€™s pin would be appreciated. Needless to say, the right blinker on the toad isnโ€™t getting its voltage either. Thanks yโ€™all

โš Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, post in the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
3 REPLIES 3

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Cool, you found the fuse!
If it worked before and blew when you put a new plug on it, good news is you may have shorted something in the plug (stripped a wire too long or something). If it keeps blowing the fuse, you'll need to trace down the short.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Kwahl1
Explorer
Explorer
I found the fuse (s). Fuse boxes in 4 different locations on the Holiday Rambler. It was a fuse labeled RT COMB TURN FUSE (15A). Also found another blown fuse labeled TRLR CHRG FUSE (20A). Box was located in the right rear compartment.