cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuel pump-Majestic, Fourwinds yr 2000 v10

CaptR
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, brand new to me- runs great but start has to crank a ton before fireing... gut tells me it’s not getting fuel. Anyone know about the fuel pumps, where to access, backyard repairable or not? This came with no manuals. Thanks!

Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, post in the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
8 REPLIES 8

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Do not bother to pump the "gas" pedal, it won't do any good, and may make matters worse. This is a fuel injected engine, there is no carburetor and no accelerator pump, so no reason to touch the accelerator pedal during the start. Doing so confuses the computer. My old Ranger loses fuel pressure when it sits, same thing, key on, pump runs about ten seconds, then computer, seeing that the engine is not running, shuts it off. At that point, turn the key off, and repeat. Each try pushes gas up the line to fuel injector rail.

Someone who is familiar with the V10 and component locations, can fix this rather easily. If not, you could spend all day and then some. Its not hard, but if you don't have manuals, or know the engine, it becomes much more difficult.

I have OEM shop manuals for every vehicle I own, they have paid for themselves many times over.

If all you have is a roof vent, or one with a tiny fan in it, consider spending the money to replace it with a Fantastic Vent, or a Maxx Air vent. You will really appreciate the big fan that moves lots of air. With the Fantastic Vent, add an Ultra Breeze hood, or with the Maxx Air, get the model with its own "hood" and you can leave them open in the rain with no problems.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

CaptR
Explorer
Explorer
Found vent arm and gear on line- confirming w vendor it fits my model

CaptR
Explorer
Explorer
Great thanks- the unit in the video is exactly mine. My lid is OK, need the gear mech and inside frame or perhaps a rebuild kit if such a thing... suggestions where to find parts?

Very best, Rex

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
CaptR wrote:

Any insight for these Fourseasons Majestic your 2000 issues:
Lastly, the roof vents need work- didn’t find a name on them- need new cranking mechanism, cracked frame, etc... roof vent name and model? Where to find parts?
Been living and putting mileage on it... lucked out, got a great vehicle for the $.

Thanks again for the great input! Rex

Here are the types of vent lids,by the hinge type.

check yours then you will know which one to get.Most parts can be found on Amazon including cranking mechanism

I would suggest getting the Polycarbonate ones they last a lot longer. Also something like the Maxxair covers,they will make your covers last longer and you can keep your vents open in any weather.

If you haven't done it before Here is a short video on how it is done.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

CaptR
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you moderator for moving this into the correct forum and thank you Old Timer for the insiteful response- 3x 10 sec... pumping the gas pedal as well it usually starts right up. Is the fix something I’ll need to take into the shop or shady tree with limited tools and resources?

Any insight for these Fourseasons Majestic your 2000 issues:
Lose fresh water through pressure hose fill bib when running or hose is off, overdrive seamlessly stops working @ every 15 min for a couple minutes and seamlessly starts working again only when high outdoor temps (my guess the torque converter over heats and has some sort of shut-off and turns back on when temp goes down?), cruise control not working- an easy fix to look for like a fuse? Lastly, the roof vents need work- didn’t find a name on them- need new cranking mechanism, cracked frame, etc... roof vent name and model? Where to find parts? Lastly, is there an inverter I haven’t found yet to run the 110 outlets off the house batteries (this coach appears to be completely stock except maybe the cassette stereo which sounds way too good to be in a former rental)?

Been living and putting mileage on it... lucked out, got a great vehicle for the $.

Thanks again for the helpful input! Rex

Explorer
Explorer
Fuel filter??
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
If it does start and run fine, it is probably NOT the fuel pump !

I am guessing that uses a "return" fuel system (as opposed to some others that use a "returnless" fuel system) and it sound like the pressure regulator/drain back check valve is not holding pressure.

Quick check (but not perfect). Turn the key to on and wait 10 seconds. Repeat that 3 times. Now start. If it fires right up, then I was "general" correct, no pressure at the injectors while cranking.

To check the correct way require a fuel pressure gauge. Once connected, do the cycle the key 3 times, but check the pressure after each cycle. After the last cycle and start up, leave the gauge connect and check it about every 5 minutes for a couple of hours. It should maintain the last pressure.