cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michelin Tire pressures 235/80 R22.5 XRV

bowl2764
Explorer
Explorer
Currently running 90lbs in front and 100lbs in rear on F53 chassis class a. Checking Michelin tire charts and talked to customer service they recommend 80 front and 90 rear. Many people in different forums talk about the improved ride. They never say what improved.

Steering, Sway, Bumps, Just wondering what improved and what I might expect with the changes.
5 REPLIES 5

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
bowl2764 wrote:
Currently running 90lbs in front and 100lbs in rear on F53 chassis class a. Checking Michelin tire charts and talked to customer service they recommend 80 front and 90 rear. Many people in different forums talk about the improved ride. They never say what improved.

Steering, Sway, Bumps, Just wondering what improved and what I might expect with the changes.

How can anyone, including a customer service recommend anything when the only way to maintain the proper pressure is for going by the weight on the tire.
Actually I just weigh each axle and then add 10 - 15psi to the inflation charts to take care of all the variables for an extended road trip.
Certainly would rather have a little more, than less, that's for sure.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

zajobi
Explorer
Explorer
110 front, 100 on duals, 80 on tag
Ride on Air, so very smooth, quiet
Bill and Jo-Anne

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
I run 80psi in the front, 85psi in the rears. I did weigh my RV, and the tire charts say I can do 70/75, but I felt like having 10 extra psi was a good thing as well. The ride did get a bit softer on smooth to moderate roads, but not on bad broken-up roads. Handling seemed to improve a bit as well, but I can not put a percent improvement on it. Was certainly a bit softer, but I felt that at 60-65mph it was a bit more stable.

Al

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I go by the sidewall pressure only. In my case on my outfit it's 80 PSI but yours is probably different.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I set my tire pressures by the same charts but first weighed all four corners of the motorhome. You can then see the heavy side and check the chart for that weight and tire. All the tires on that axle should be the same. I actually go 5lb above the calculated pressure to account for unexpected weight gain.

The custormer service people have no idea how much weight is being carried. Therefore they have no idea what to tell you.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi