cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what type roof do I have?

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2016 Hideout 28BHSWE. Looked through our manuals and online and can't find what type roof we have. Can anyone help?

On our way home from trip last week we notice it ballooning in front. Want to know what type roof to know if wecan diy or need to take it in. Sons google searches indicate adhesive failure. Looks all good at the seams. Was fine moving between sites until on our way home.

Thanks.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed
5 REPLIES 5

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Glad mine is aluminum. It's forever (with seal maintenance).
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
TPO vinyl roof membrane is rigid and doesn't bubble so because it's not aluminum it has to be one variation or another of EPDM rubber which commonly bubbles.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
At one of the fan vent remove the plastic housing around the hole in the roof. Look to see what color the underside of the rubber roof mater is. If Black it is EDPM

Video how to tell type of RV roof
thank you. U
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
At one of the fan vent remove the plastic housing around the hole in the roof. Look to see what color the underside of the rubber roof mater is. If Black it is EDPM

Video how to tell type of RV roof
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Gdub2
Explorer
Explorer
If the roof is a rubber material it's
Probably a epmd roof.