cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slides not opening or closing

Gazelle05
Explorer
Explorer
3 slide 2005 Safari Gazelle, slides quit. Worked on adjusting roller height on bedroom slide. Closed and opened 3 times no problem then all went dead. No sounds,no nothing. All slides in coach dead. Fuses all good, batteries are new as well. We are plugged in to 50 amp service.
Any ideas on where to start,think it must be electrical but I'm guessing. Thanks for your opinion.
2005 Safari Gazelle
19 REPLIES 19

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
mike brez wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Gazelle05 wrote:
After checking hydraulic pump and finding out its fine also leveling jacks work. Starting to think bad ground as was mentioned in a previous post might be the issue. Question is how do you isolate a bad ground?
Thanks for all your advice it is appreciated.

BAD GROUND. This is a term that drives me nuts. After 38 years as a Tech, BAD GROUND is a thing that is so rare, I rarely even contemplate it as a cause. BUT, it sounds good when you have no clue:B IF the Pump is working, your grounds are OK. You have a switch/wiring/control problem. Since ALL 3 slides fail to activate the pump, you find the central control system for the slides. What Brand Jack system and Slide system do you have? Doug

Sorry Dick I mean Doug...but when my slide would not come back in it happened to be a loose battery ground and guess what the pump still ran I guess their wasn't enough connection for sufficient juice.

Well MILLIE, the OP stated his jacks ran which means he had good power. So, he did not have a loose battery ground. READ the posts and comprehend the posts before posting. Doug

Well Dick I posted that before he said his pump worked. Talk about not comprehending ...but nice try.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Gazelle05
Explorer
Explorer
Just tested all 5 relays all in good working order. Any more suggestions, new board?

Gazelle05
Explorer
Explorer
Ran down part # from slide room controller KIB Electronics Slide Room Controller Triple Slide. New available to purchase. Ready to buy just don't know if that's the fix?

Gazelle05
Explorer
Explorer
After reading owners manual it tell me I have RVA hydraulic 3point jacks model 22.5AJ11. Nothing as to what kids of slides.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mike brez wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Gazelle05 wrote:
After checking hydraulic pump and finding out its fine also leveling jacks work. Starting to think bad ground as was mentioned in a previous post might be the issue. Question is how do you isolate a bad ground?

BAD GROUND. This is a term that drives me nuts. After 38 years as a Tech, BAD GROUND is a thing that is so rare, I rarely even contemplate it as a cause. BUT, it sounds good when you have no clue:B IF the Pump is working, your grounds are OK. You have a switch/wiring/control problem. Since ALL 3 slides fail to activate the pump, you find the central control system for the slides. What Brand Jack system and Slide system do you have? Doug

Sorry Dick I mean Doug...but when my slide would not come back in it happened to be a loose battery ground and guess what the pump still ran I guess their wasn't enough connection for sufficient juice.

Well MILLIE, the OP stated his jacks ran which means he had good power. So, he did not have a loose battery ground. READ the posts and comprehend the posts before posting. Doug

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Gazelle05 wrote:

2015 Wrangler JKU

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We had that problem with our slides. It was the safety brake not making good contact. My husband pop it down and up a few times to make a good contact. We had the safety brake fixed when we got home.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Gazelle05 wrote:

Gazelle05
Explorer
Explorer

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Bad ground?
2015 Wrangler JKU

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Our slide and levelers lost power a few days ago, as I ranted a few days ago, both the manufacturer and the mobile tech we called suggested upgrading at a cost of $1400+shipping and labor.

HWH didn't make the motor and doesn't stock it, because the upgrade calls for replacing not only the motor, it calls for a new pump, reserviour and solenoids.

Google search turned up several motors for $95 to $129, tech said "if it doesn't come from one of our suppliers, we can't guarantee the motor is correct replacement.

Replacing is a 1 hour job, upgrade is a 3 to 4 hour job and gives the tech a CYA out if the part fails.

It pays to be flexible and to learn how to fix your equipment.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Try operating your leveling jacks. IF they operate the pump and relay is good. Doug

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
You jump 12V from the large terminal (12V from the battery) to the small terminal of the solenoid using a short wire or a test lead from your VOM.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Gazelle05
Explorer
Explorer
Found fuse for hydraulic
Pump under steps. Fuse checked out ok.can anyone tell me how to check the pumps relay?