Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bedroom slide not working

Jabrad_s_Papa
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning.
My bedroom slide won't open. It is an 06 Damon Daybreak. The last time I opened it I thought it sounded a little different. Now if I push the switch I can hear a click. but nothing happens.
It is in the closed, in position so I shouldn't have a problem on this trip. I just won't be able to access the bedroom drawers. I believe the slides are electric not hydraulic. The living room slide works fine. So I don't think it's a battery problem.
I know without hearing it you won't know whats wrong but your advise is always appreciated.

Thanks
Gary
8 REPLIES 8

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
My slides are hydraulic, but I have had a problem where the bedroom slide wouldn't open, but the living room slide worked fine. It was the battery. It was strong enough to open the LR. However the voltage drop due to the distance to the BR dropped the voltage too low. Charging the battery might help, but in my case, replacement was the answer.

Mike

MrWizard
Jabrad's Papa wrote:
06 Damon Daybreak as I stated. Thanks

OOPS sorry
not enough coffee
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Jabrad_s_Papa
Explorer
Explorer
Ca Traveler. correct, I don't hear the motor. Just the click. They do not sound like they used to. Also a couple weeks ago I ran the slide out and in and it did have a different sound, kind of a whining sound. In the past when hitting the switch it would occasionally not work. It would take a couple hits. Maybe just the switch?
Thanks for your's and Ron's responses'. Your thoughts on traveling. It seems to be in safely and doesn't buge
when I push on it.
Ron, I will try and see if I can find any numbers on the slide or motors.

RonWSl
Explorer
Explorer
You need to determine what brand, make model etc you have as far as the slide out goes, especially the controller (the box that all the wires plug into ) mine is in the belly bay near the slide out motors. That would be a big help in helping you as the year, make and model of your RV doesn't provide the necessary information.

Ron S

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
A common motor feature is an electric brake. It's disengaged when power is applied and that could be your click.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Apparently you don't hear the motor running? Check the voltage at the motor terminals. If 12V after the click then it could be a bad motor. In there is no 12V then check the solenoid as it may not be making a good connection.

Suggest you post the make and model of the slide equipment.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Jabrad_s_Papa
Explorer
Explorer
06 Damon Daybreak as I stated. Thanks

MrWizard
Model make year RV ???
Nobody can guess at what you have
I can explain it to you.