2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"
32 REPLIES 32

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer

Picture of my wiper blades after soaking them in Protect All overnight. Now after spending $20 for wiper blades Iโ€™ll be spending $40!

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been checking this thread periodically all day and since it has not been presented yet.......here it is for your reading enjoyment.

I sure hope I never get close to any of you unsafe, irresponsible, downright dangerous wiper blade hackers when I'm on the highway with my family in the car.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
marcsbigfoot20b27 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Yeah, but how often does that Vette actually get out in the rain? ๐Ÿ™‚
Arizona isn't known for frequent rain storms.

Its actually the sun that does the damage, but from late June to early Sept......our monsoon season, it can rain here 3-4 times a week.
Yeah, I know, but my point was that you don't need wipers if it doesn't rain. ๐Ÿ™‚ With an average of 36 days/year of rainfall, you don't need them often.

Lol, thatโ€™s just the thing, you donโ€™t use them for 7 months and they rot. Then when it does finally unexpectedly downpour your wipers come apart.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
marcsbigfoot20b27 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

Its actually the sun that does the damage, but from late June to early Sept......our monsoon season, it can rain here 3-4 times a week.
Yeah, I know, but my point was that you don't need wipers if it doesn't rain. ๐Ÿ™‚ With an average of 36 days/year of rainfall, you don't need them often.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
I use Silblades on all my vehicles in the AZ heat and sun. The vette blades are 9 years old and still good.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I feel your pain. O'Reilly's was the same last time I was there. Cheapest wipers were almost $20. Advance Auto Parts had some for less than half that.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
As was mentioned, the sun is an absolute killer, and I doubt the expensive blades will last 4 or 5 times as long as the cheaper ones.

You're right they won't. The 50 dollar gems I bought were out of necessity (love bug season), the old blades were making a bad situation with the windshield worse, and the Bosch blades were the only one the Auto Zone store I pulled into had in stock that fit the truck.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
As was mentioned, the sun is an absolute killer, and I doubt the expensive blades will last 4 or 5 times as long as the cheaper ones.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
The Michelin Blades I just picked up at WalMart were $12.95 each for my 2016 Ram. Seemed like a decent blade.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:

A previous poster said $45 for wiper blades?! What kind of vehicle? and was that with a shop installing them?

I can believe it. Paid 48 bucks for a pair of Bosch wiper blades for my 05' Ram earlier this year at an Auto Zone. A store employee installed them for me, no charge! :B

The sun is an absolute killer of wiper blades and anything plastic on a vehicle exterior down here, no matter what you put on it. In time, El Sol wins.......

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I too am a RainX fan. My blades on my '15 pickup are still the OEM. They don't get much use except in the winter time.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
I miss when Consumer Reports came in the mail. Made good toilet paper.