cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford F350 SRW vs NL 9'6" QSE Weight Table

Siletzspey
Explorer
Explorer
With so many truck vs camper weight questions, I went ahead and put my results into a table for everyone's humor, pondering, and horror.

Click For Full-Size Image

--SiletzSpey
8 REPLIES 8

996Pilot
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent, detailed tables that give me confidence that I'll be OK (just OK) looking at the AF811 for my truck. I like the way you simplified all of the data to be in a concise, understandable format that lets you see, at a glance, where you're at on tires, rims, GVW, GAWR, etc.
2018 Arctic Fox 811
2015 RAM 3500 SRW Laramie Longhorn 6.7 Cummins 68RFE Timbren SES, Lower Stableloads
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9 Cummins 48RE TRADED
2006 Outfitter Apex 8 TRADED

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks about right. I was shooting for no more than 10% over with stuff in my old SRW. My only option was carry only what was needed. No longer a problem with the same TC with my F450.

No more than 10% over seemed to be the norm as a goal for many people with SRWs about 12-13 years ago.

I'll also say the SRW handled much different one the water moved to the grey and black tanks, so run empty black/grey when you can.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
mbloof wrote:
Siletzspey wrote:
With so many truck vs camper weight questions, I went ahead and put my results into a table for everyone's humor, pondering, and horror.
--SiletzSpey

Wow, you did end up fairly light! Then again I think you pack lighter than I do and that GAS motor weighs in quite a lot lighter than a 6.7L PSD. 🙂

For a SRW truck I went with the 19.5's (Class "G") as I already had them (off my old truck) and can attest that the side-to-side sway reduction over the factory 18"ers was very noticeable. (I think your F350 has one or two more leaf's than my F250 has)

I added airbags to mine so I could level out the headlights. 🙂

Happy Trails!

- Mark0.

At least in 2013 the Diesel option subtracted 970 pounds off the payload in the DRW trucks

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
Siletzspey wrote:
--SiletzSpey

Wow, you did end up fairly light! Then again I think you pack lighter than I do and that GAS motor weighs in quite a lot lighter than a 6.7L PSD. 🙂

For a SRW truck I went with the 19.5's (Class "G") as I already had them (off my old truck) and can attest that the side-to-side sway reduction over the factory 18"ers was very noticeable. (I think your F350 has one or two more leaf's than my F250 has)

I added airbags to mine so I could level out the headlights. 🙂

Happy Trails!

- Mark0.

Siletzspey
Explorer
Explorer
Hi joerg68. The truck weight does not include the tailgate, which is sitting in storage now. I have to dredge up the Ford specs for curb weight to see how they compare with my ODOT weights + say 60-80 lbs for the tailgate.

Hi JimK-NT. My dry weight includes lots of NL base + optional features, including solar, side awning, back awning, and extended back porch. I don't feel like we're skimping on stuff, other than I wish we had more capacity for the occasional load of firewood and spare water jugs, plus a bike hanging off the back.

All in all, I feel like the truck handles the load fine, but I'm pondering Toyo LT 4080lb 18" tires or Commercial 19.5" tires, and new rims.

-SiletzSpey

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I like your table..They should have something like that online for each of us to fill out to post or be in your signature line..

Good job and enjoy your camper!
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Incredible. You have managed to keep the weight really, really low. A v8 certainly helps. My truck is similar but with a diesel and comes in at over 8000 pounds. I am also surprised at how little weight you added. No solar, small batteries (mine are 300 pounds), no generator, no tools, no clothing.....

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thank You! Your truck is very similar to mine (2014 F350 SCLB 6.2 4x4), so the data are quite useful for a comparison. Our camper is a fairly basic Northstar Arrow (not Arrow-U), so I can probably assume that my total weights are not higher than yours.

Was your empty weight with or without the tailgate? If you removed the tailgate after weighing the truck solo, you need to add that weight to the camper wet weight as weighed (3950 + tailgate).
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow