cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MD DP State inspection

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Need to get a DP inspected in MD by a reasonable facility. There is ZERO wrong with it so I don't need to see Rip off Randy who pads his bill with things that aren't wrong for a fat payoff. Someone said $300 which sounded awful high to me.
10 REPLIES 10

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks--I have a home in Glen Burnie and have my current DP registered there along with my trucks, cars, and drivers license. Kind of like to get something below Baltimore. I'll keep checking because I have still not gone to pick up the new one.

camperkids1025
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know where in MD you live but I had 2 inspected in Harford Couunty @ Hickory International truck shop on business rt# 1 in Hickory,Good people to deal with.
The Camperkids Jim & Lois
3 Grandkids Maria, Christian, Antony (part timers)
1999 Newmar Mountain Aire 37.5ft, Ford V-10, F-53 Chassis, Bilsteins Shocks W/ Bilstein Steering Stablizer, HWH Levelers

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
The difference in what states safety inspections cost is mind boggling. Here it is $32 and another state I have vehicles in it is $12. Some states have none and some, like MD, only require it when you sell a vehicle or come from another state, and some once a year. So I got another DP and need to get it inspected and my former go to man has retired......so thought I could get some input from some MD locals.

billyboy
Explorer
Explorer
I just had my new to us mh inspected after buying from a person in pa, and it was 200.00 for the state for inspection only. This was done in harford county md.it is quite an extensive inspection , and it took over 2 hours.
09 winny adventurer 32h 33 ft towing 015 focus

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Need to get a DP inspected in MD by a reasonable facility. There is ZERO wrong with it so I don't need to see Rip off Randy who pads his bill with things that aren't wrong for a fat payoff. Someone said $300 which sounded awful high to me.

Just give the State Police a call they should help.

Simple - Easy

JMHO,

http://coopersautoservicemd.com/maryland-state-inspection-checklist/
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Randy has to inspect these things on vehicles over 10,000 pounds and his shop equipment and garage space has a lot of overhead costs. By the same token, if you can convince the shop owner that your coach is perfect, perhaps you can get him to risk his business license and give you a positive inspection report for nothing. :B
โ€ข Steering system
โ€ข Wheel alignment
โ€ข Suspension
โ€ข Brake system
โ€ข Wheels / tires
โ€ข Fuel system
โ€ข Exhaust system
โ€ข Bumpers / rear frame
โ€ข Rear wheel flaps
โ€ข Fenders
โ€ข Lights
โ€ข Electrical system
โ€ข Mirrors
โ€ข Glazing (windows)
โ€ข Wipers
โ€ข Hood / catches
โ€ข Door handle latches
โ€ข Floor / trunk pans
โ€ข Speedometer / odometer

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think this web page will help - Find An Inspection Station. Select Class R for Recreational motor homes and converted buses. You have your choice of 26 stations and none use the name Randy. There is a Cecil that you might evaluate a bit closer.

Reading from the state's website concerning inspections the program looks somewhat similar to the basic safety inspection but is required as part of a sale or transfer and the cost is based on the shop labor rate so if Randy is moving a bit slow he could boost the time and cost. And be careful with the "ZERO wrong" statement. A burned out rear plate light could fail the coach. Plus if the critical use detector detects a critical use and activates there's no telling what it might effect.

MD Vehicle Inspection Info
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Randy who?, OOPS. Here it costs $32.00 to get one state inspected. But since I own homes both places I thought I might register it up there and avoid yearly personal property tax and inspections. Its once and done up there.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know about your state but here the government certified inspection facilities are closely monitored. If it is being brought in from out of state that does not sound unreasonable given everything that needs to be checked on a large vehicle.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Why are you picking on Randy?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE