cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Born Free replacement

ARTSBEST
Explorer
Explorer
A real shame Born Free went under. I was looking forward to one of their 27' Ford 450 diesel version RV. Anybody make a comparable RV? Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
garmp wrote:
magnusfide, should have know you are a PC owner. Happy cooking!

It's one of the best decisions we've made for vacay life.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
What about Lazy Daze?

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
magnusfide, should have know you are a PC owner. Happy cooking!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
IMHO, the U.S. market could really go for PC 2350 and 2351 models without slides but with the additional room of a cab-over bed
I had wondered that myself.

I did see an old Phoenix Cruiser for sale on-line that had a single-person bunk up top, wondering about it's dimensions. I kept the picture of the bunk area for just this kind of discussion. Phoenix would likely build it that way upon request, hopefully better today than what they did here back in the early 2000's.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
ron.dittmer wrote:
If you don't need the over-head bunk, do a little research on the Phoenix Cruiser and Coach House.

Phoenix has an interactive pricing tool HERE, adding up your choices, and at the end, offers their factory-direct discount. The floor plans show slide-outs, but you can order them without certain ones and save yourself some serious cash to spend elsewhere, on the rig or otherwise. We love our PC-2350 HERE without a slide out. We were never fans of them in the first place, would rather have an open floor plan 100% of the time, reduce our weight by 600 pounds, improved technicals, and have a more solid & sealed house. Doing so also gave us a very nice dinette. We spent the extra cash on the full body paint job instead.

Double ditto on the Phoenix Cruiser. We like the 2551 without a slide out. Those twin beds are handy.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
FWIW, I've always wondered what's the problem with Phoenix Cruiser offering a model in which they merely extend the molded cabover area out over the Ford cab a bit more and put a bed up there?

We love our 24 foot Itasca (Winnebago) with it's two queen beds. It has an internal layout very similar to that of a non-slide Phoenix Cruiser 2350 ... but the 2350's slightly smaller size with two queen beds would be better for us.

The DW and myself must have two permanent beds because of her bad back ... otherwise the height, width, lack of slides, features, and construction quality of Phoenix Cruiser motorhomes could be a great fit for RV'ing couples like us. We don't want to tow, so a PC with the 4X4 option on a 2350-with-a-cabover-bed model would be a better fit for our off-highway exploring and camping ... plus general camping use in intimate little public land campgrounds in remote areas.

IMHO, the U.S. market could really go for PC 2350 and 2351 models without slides but with the additional room of a cabover bed - depending upon how much longer the Ford E350 and E450 cutaway van chassis is available to motorhome builders. (My anti-diesel bias is showing here!)
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't need the over-head bunk, do a little research on the Phoenix Cruiser and Coach House.

Phoenix has an interactive pricing tool HERE, adding up your choices, and at the end, offers their factory-direct discount. The floor plans show slide-outs, but you can order them without certain ones and save yourself some serious cash to spend elsewhere, on the rig or otherwise. We love our PC-2350 HERE without a slide out. We were never fans of them in the first place, would rather have an open floor plan 100% of the time, reduce our weight by 600 pounds, improved technicals, and have a more solid & sealed house. Doing so also gave us a very nice dinette. We spent the extra cash on the full body paint job instead.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
had a 24ft BF best out there very well made, that might have helped them go under.