cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Doors Magically unlock???

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
Our class "C" is on a E450 SD chassis. Several times while in RV parks the horn will beep and the cab doors unlock!
It is somewhat unnerving!
Our key fobs are hanging up so it is not us that is doing it.
I assume that our vehicle is picking up a signal from somebody's key fob.
Any idea of a solution?

Thanks

Ross
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired
11 REPLIES 11

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
I would be for stashing a hidden key in case they start to lock when you just step out without the keys.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Had a weird one happen a few years back. On a trip from Ontario, Canada to Arizona we took the I-80 to I-76 to I-70 route. After we passed through Denver, we saw and decided to check out the Buffalo Bill grave site just up I-70 as you head into the mountains west of there. When we parked our older Roadtrek, on a Chevy Express 3500 van, and tried to use the factory fobs to lock/unlock the van's doors, they wouldn't work. No lock tumbler clicks, nothing. We had to use the keys to physically lock/unlock the doors while we were stopped. We figured it must have been the iron or other metal ores in the mountains somehow blocking/suppressing or otherwise interfering with the transmit/receive signals from the fobs. Once we got back on the road again, they were fine. Remote control resumed.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
First there are only SO many key codes. Since I do not know the length of the "Word" I do not know how many codes but one common word size is 256 and another is 256 times that (65,535 is the number of usable codes)

Someone else near you has the same code.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your body control module has a fault. Its not necessarliy a bad part, most likely a software flash at any Ford dealer will fix it for about a $100 bill.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
If the unlocking is a concern for security or when you are away, you could pull the fuse for the electric locks, But you do lose the convenience.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
When mine started doing that, I put on a tinfoil hat and it stopped. :B....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder if the fob gets flaky when the battery starts to age? Might talk to a locksmith - if he confirms then have him replace the batteries (doesn't cost much).
Kevin

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Walk around the park with your FOB and keep hitting the horn button. See if someone else's horn starts up. Could also just be a natural phenomenon emitting the same signal too.

When we lived in town, our garage door would mysteriously open.

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. But it is an older rig
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Driving around in the suburbs as a kid it was fun to see how many garage doors you could open. Walking thru a parking lot pushing the button on the key fob I haven't unlocked another car in a few years, I think they have the chance of finding a duplicate to yours cut down pretty slim. I would call ford.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Are you within the Ford 3 yr 36000 mile warranty? If so I would contact a dealer and inquire on it.