Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maxxfan installtion video

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Installation video for replacing a roof vent with a Maxxfan Deluxe:

Video of the project
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator
9 REPLIES 9

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
The vent itself should last just about forever. The tops are what get damaged from the sun but they are easily replaced. Go for it! The prevention of water damage is much more important than a bit of inconvenience possible later on.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
I suppose they would have to work quite hard to get the stuff off but it would be possible. In the case of my trailer, that will not happen because it will never be sold. It is now used as our "summer place" and will belong to my sons family campground when we are gone.
Barney
I asked because I was thinking about using some tape around a plastic vent that I feel wont last 4-ever. I think I will anyway. Thank you Barney.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I suppose they would have to work quite hard to get the stuff off but it would be possible. In the case of my trailer, that will not happen because it will never be sold. It is now used as our "summer place" and will belong to my sons family campground when we are gone.
Barney
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
Nice job! ๐Ÿ™‚
The only modification I would have done is add Eternabond tape around the flange in place of the self leveling sealant, or possibly on top of it.

I did every penetration and seam on my whole roof about 13 years ago. It is still doing its' job today and we have never had any leaks whatsoever.
Barney
Wondering what someone does if they ever need to replace a vent that's been taped?

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice job! ๐Ÿ™‚
The only modification I would have done is add Eternabond tape around the flange in place of the self leveling sealant, or possibly on top of it.

I did every penetration and seam on my whole roof about 13 years ago. It is still doing its' job today and we have never had any leaks whatsoever.
Barney
Not towing now.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
I better add---the unit we ordered wasn't the fancy one shown in the video. It does have a remote though.....

I had to go with the remote too. My vertically challenged wife can't reach the ceiling....
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I better add---the unit we ordered wasn't the fancy one shown in the video. It does have a remote though.....

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
mat60, we are awaiting delivery (tomorrow) of a Maxx Fan from CW---cheaper then other places. This is NOT an add for CW! They just had the lowest price the other day.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Cant wait to get one but my bills keep getting in the way. Im thinking Amazon has the best price. Thanks for the video.