cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sat. ant quite working

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
When it rains it pours. My sat ant quite working also it goes to one sat and when you tell it to go to another it moves and goes back to the same one. It's a hvh L2 04 model. Any help would be appreciated.
N4FAP
14 REPLIES 14

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
Well got it out or off and some body can have the spare parts.
N4FAP

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Youโ€™re aware no HD? $1300 and HD wouldnโ€™t work for me.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
I looks like it will be the Winegard Road trip t4 and one can give me info about this.
N4FAP

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
w4phj wrote:
My 05 L2 sometimes requires dome removal and manual repositioning of the antenna. Then it reverts back to normal trial and error automatic searching OK.

I tried that and it just went back to the same place. N4FAP
N4FAP

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot to add that I use DIRECTV,
N4FAP

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I quit using my KVH, I bought a Winegard Pathway carryout..
It lets you place the dome where you get a signal plus itโ€™s the only one that gets both east and west sats so you have a better chance to get a signal.

You have to use DISHbut they are cheaper and better IMHO.

No carry out does Directv HD.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Most Oem's have gone to Winegard. As well as Service Centers. Winegard failure is rare. Doug

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
Well call KVH and you don't have to ask what they said. Buy a new one. What is the going Sat. system your using and what do you recommend I get. What's the word on RV-1. Now to the steps. LOL
N4FAP

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
I'll pull the dome tomorrow and see. I've had it sense I bought the MH and this is the first time I've had any trouble with it. So if I have to replace it I'm happy with the service it's given me for 13 years.

I forgot too add I want it for DIRECTV.
N4FAP

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If this happens during rain, there's likely nothing you can do as rain and dew are the #1 enemies of any dome style antenna. If that was just an expression, my apologies. There are not many KVH systems out there so you might need to call KVH for support.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Time to buy a Winegard Pathway X2 auto seek carry out.

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
My 05 L2 sometimes requires dome removal and manual repositioning of the antenna. Then it reverts back to normal trial and error automatic searching OK.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
How about a KVH model?:B I assume by 04 you meant a 14 year old KVH Sat. The bad news is, you will have to connect a Laptop to diagnois any problems with a KVH Sat system. Then once connected to the Laptop, you will have to get KVH tech support on the phone to walk you thru how to read what the screen tells you. VERY time consuming and one of the reasons you will find it hard to find anybody that services the KVH Sat systems. Doug

I did KVH L 2 04
N4FAP

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
How about a KVH model?:B I assume by 04 you meant a 14 year old KVH Sat. The bad news is, you will have to connect a Laptop to diagnois any problems with a KVH Sat system. Then once connected to the Laptop, you will have to get KVH tech support on the phone to walk you thru how to read what the screen tells you. VERY time consuming and one of the reasons you will find it hard to find anybody that services the KVH Sat systems. Doug