cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shotgun into Canada

oldokie
Explorer
Explorer
Does that subject line get your attention. It should if you are headed to Canada with a firearm. This will be long and boring for most of you but may be helpful for some headed into our good neighbor to the North.I will state what happened to me and do not need any smart remarks or any "you should have known better" statements. Moderator you can delete if you dont like. I called CBSA ten days before starting my trip and was given a ok to come on up from the person on the phone after giving a complete and detailed description of my shotgun. I downloaded and completed the correct RCMP form in triplicate. I went to the Laurier Washington crossing and presented passport and firearm forms and stated that I had a firearm to declare.I was asked many questions about where I was going in Canada and then told I could not enter with the firearm and was turned around and sent back to the US side of the crossing.I am now in a remote area 30 miles from a town of any size. I got rid of the firearm and went back to the crossing and handed the guard my passport and he asked what I did with the firearm and I told him.He
handed back my passport and said have a nice day and sent me on into Canada. Now I said all that to say this---Dont assume you are ok with this kind of situation until that person at the crossing says come on in. live and learn. I might say that I gathered from statements made by the person I talked with was that all I had to say and indicate on my paperwork was I was in transit to Alaska and I would have been allowed in with the firearm. I was not in transit to Alaska and told him so.
2001 excursion 7.3 diesel
2013 starcraft autumn ridge 27bh
4 REPLIES 4

Mmwtdh
Explorer
Explorer
I don't understand why that happened to you.

I've been to Manitoba 15 times with a rifle and it took about 10 minutes to go inside and pay my $25 and head on.

I'd be interested if you have any indication why you were turned away....

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
As I've said before (and got flamed for), I won't go anywhere I can't take my guns for self defense.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Subject has been beat to death on here. I hunt in Canada and I take long guns there routinely. No handguns though. Not allowed.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Ok then. So what your point? If its don't bring a gun to Canada, that's a no brainer.
2010 Suncruiser