cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermostat replacement

rsqfyrmedic
Explorer
Explorer
I believe I need to replace my thermostat. It reads 00 and now the Fan won't shut down even though switch is off. What would be a good replacement/upgrade for it? I believe it controls 2 13.5 Coleman Mach's.....the model #s are 9001C879 and 9013C879. The latter has a small solar cell on top and is the one that is running. Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
It can be any appliance that is leaking dirty voltage to the system. But, Fl lights are the most common culprit. The bad ones still work, the ballast leaks rf ripple into the DC circuit wiring. Doug

rsqfyrmedic
Explorer
Explorer
Three but the covers keep falling off when we drive so I may look for LED replacements now....cheers and thanks again!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
the only way to find the cause is to disconnect lights one at a time and then see if the 00 code never occurs. do you have fluorescent lights in the motorhome? Doug

rsqfyrmedic
Explorer
Explorer
Bam! That was it. Thanks Doug! The fluorescents all seem ok, anyway to chase the fault down?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You have to use that ZC tstat. It is proprietary to RVP(Coleman). 00 is a common problem caused by AC/DC ripple feedback in the wiring caused by defective lights or appliances in an RV. The defect is not noticeable and usually it is a Fluorescent light ballast that causes the problem. You can remove the 00 by
1. taking the cover off the tstat and removing the glass fuse for 10 minutes. reinstall and 00 should be gone
2. killing all 12 volt power to the RV for 10 minutes and that will reset the tstat. Doug