cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

travel on I-75

sugarcube7
Explorer
Explorer
we are planning on leaving for Florida right after Thanksgiving, any suggestions as to the best 2 days to travel?
7 REPLIES 7

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
orion1968 wrote:
Are you planning on returning to Ohio before the end of the year? I am just curious how people deal with the weather. I would like to head to Florida to visit family over thanksgiving then return to Cincinnati the following week. Would be last trip for the season.

We go down to Florida every February to visit family and get a break from Ohio's winter. We just watch for a window of no major snow or ice, and head out. We usually come back the 1st of March, and do the same thing. We haven't had to wait more than a day or 2 ever because of weather. A person must use common sense, and you will be fine.

RVman / John
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
orion1968 wrote:
Are you planning on returning to Ohio before the end of the year? I am just curious how people deal with the weather. I would like to head to Florida to visit family over thanksgiving then return to Cincinnati the following week. Would be last trip for the season.

Weather down here is a non issue in November.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have been going to the Tampa area from Michigan for about 16 years. We try to schedual our stops so that we hit Atlanta very early in the AM before rush hour or on a Saturday. Sundays always seem very jammed up.

We also bypass Cincinatti via the West bypass. It is a little longer but nice road and very little traffic. Have never had a problem going that way vs previous tries going straight through.

I75 is now very nice roads all the way down. Any construction we had was early going through Ohio.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

sugarcube7
Explorer
Explorer
we won't go back home untill spring, so don't worry about the weather then.

orion1968
Explorer
Explorer

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I like to travel on the actual holiday day as most will have gotten where they are going. Christmas Day is the best day to travel...cheap airfares or little traffic.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
We go to the smoky moutains thanksgiving week , we come home on Saturday, traffic is not to bad, I would say Friday & Saturday, most folks are in shopping malls

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS