cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NYALIC as Clear coat replacement on roof????

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.nyalic.com/This popped up in a post and thought it would be nice to have some more info on it.

Have YOU used it?

Do you have a Photo?

Does it Work?

Did you spray or Roll?

What prep was needed?

I've got a number of Pealing issues at the Roof-line of my Coach and am looking for a Fix, this really looked interesting.

So if you have used, thought about using, know someone who has used - Share your Knowledge and help Educate ME.

:?

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

:@

:h

:S

Thanks,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach
8 REPLIES 8

Ed_Manifold
Explorer
Explorer
I went to order one spray can for $24.50 but canceled the order when it looked like my shipping cost was $31.00 plus. I will be watching this site for results. I also pulled up Amazon but they did not seem to carry NYALIC. Thanks for the information.
Ed & Sharon
2002 Phaeton
2001 Jeep Wrangler Toad

dedmiston
ryangremminger1 wrote:
I am now looking into Nyalic to spray on my painted aluminum sidded Travel trailer. I found this thread and was hoping to get an update on the repair. how has it lasted? Thx!

Hi Ryan - This is a 4 1/2 year old thread and you might not get a good response. Try sending the OP a private message to send an alert (email).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ryangremminger1
Explorer
Explorer
I am now looking into Nyalic to spray on my painted aluminum sidded Travel trailer. I found this thread and was hoping to get an update on the repair. how has it lasted? Thx!

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
I have a small spot (about 1 sq ft) on the side that I was going to experiment with Zep floor polish to cover. I figured if it didn't work I'll just strip it off.

However, after seeing this, I ordered a rattle can and will give this a shot first. It's be a couple of weeks, but I'll post before and afters for anyone interested.

If it works, I have to do the entire mural area on the back.

Keep us posted with your results. Nyalic looks like a useful product.

Ok I finally got a dry enough day to try Nyalic out on the missing clear coat on the Sahara. It was a little breezy but at least there was no rain in the forecast.

Here's the before. Clear coat peeled off and there were spots that the clear coat was separated from the paint.

I scraped the loose stuff off and feathered the edges of the old clear coat with some 200 grit paper. Then I took a wet magic sponge (Mr. Clean Eraser type thing from Starbright) and burnished the surface. I rinsed the surface and towel and air dried.

Close-up after the application. I got a little sagging because it is vertical (the Nyalic videos all show application on horizontal surfaces) but I chased the sags until it was obvious that I was making it worse.

From the ground it looks ok. (Compare the reflection of the window awning in the repaired area vs. the window.)The edges under the masking tape are obvious, but they will need to wait until it fully cures and I can take some polishing compound to them.

The jury's still out as to if it will hold up having been applied in a non-climate-controlled environment. But all the Nyalic videos I saw had them applying it outside as well.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
What is Nyalic, their web site does not say what the material is. It sounds like an acrilic just from there web site. Gasoline will dissolve it.

Good thing I have a diesel.
Jerry & Jeanne

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
What is Nyalic, their web site does not say what the material is. It sounds like an acrilic just from there web site. Gasoline will dissolve it.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
I have a small spot (about 1 sq ft) on the side that I was going to experiment with Zep floor polish to cover. I figured if it didn't work I'll just strip it off.

However, after seeing this, I ordered a rattle can and will give this a shot first. It's be a couple of weeks, but I'll post before and afters for anyone interested.

Keep us posted with your results. Nyalic looks like a useful product.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer

Jerry & Jeanne