cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago Model Differences Question ?

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Been to just one Winnebago dealer so far and frankly don't think phoning them will give us the answer. The sales staff seems to be just that, sales staff. Not experienced or overly-knowledgeable RVers.

In a nutshell what are the major differences between these seemingly very similar Winnebago gas A's?:

Sightseer 36Z

Sunova 36Z

Sunstar LX 35F

Vista LX 35F
10 REPLIES 10

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
Old_Man wrote:
Never buy new. You might as well pick a used unit that's already had most of the problems you'll find in a new one.

For some reason I can't seem to find the answer to the OP's question in here.

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
When we bought our 2004 Itasca Sunrise, the difference between it and the Winnebago Brave was the bling and the fit and finish. It was worth it. We had a single warranty issue with the Sunrise, and it served us well until May of this year.

We'd have preferred another Itasca, but couldn't find a 2017 or 2016 within a reasonable driving distance, so we have the 2018 Winnebago Forza. Fit and finish are not as good as was the Itasca. We are on our way back from Alaska and have a full page of warranty issues.

I miss the Itasca...
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
Are you looking at new or used coaches?. If they are new there will be very few differences between the Sunova and Sightseer or the Sunstar and Vista. As mentioned about the only differences will be color selections for fabric and paint, and badging. We asked the same question when trying to decide between a 2013 Adventurer and Suncruiser.

We called the factory and they e mailed us a list of 15 differences. They were all colors and badging. We were a bit surprised as to the pricing structure in that the Adventurer lised for $2,000.00 less than the Suncruiser, but they were identical in every way except as mentioned above.

If you're looking at older models there may be more differences between Winnebago and Itasca models. When we purchased our 2001 Adventurer there were differences in the upholstery and wall coverings between the Adventurer and Suncruiser. All the systems and appliances were identical, but the Suncruiser had a little more expensive interior.
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
What I found to be super helpful is to search the model and look at an intro video - and if you can find one from LichtsinnRV, it will be very accurate. LichtsinnRV is passionate about their product and I've found videos for about every model year of Winnie/Itasca.

Yes, the Itasca and Winnebago are sister coaches. Itasca is now orphaned, as Winnebago dropped the product name last year to promote only Winnebago as part of the 60th anniversary.

Here is a Lichtsinn video of a Sightseer/Sunova 36z Sightseer-Sunova 36Z
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
Wanderlost wrote:
Go here and look at the specifications for each:

Winnebago Class A Gassers

Sightseer and Sunova are the same thing (top of the line in gas), with different name plates and perhaps different colors/patterns. Vista LX and Sunstar LX are also the same and a "step down" in the gas line up. The above link will take you to the brochures that will explain the differences.

BTW - Adventurer and SunCruiser brand names have been discontinued. There were also identical (except for name plates and colors).
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV

Old_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Never buy new. You might as well pick a used unit that's already had most of the problems you'll find in a new one.

daveshoby
Explorer
Explorer
dcmac214 wrote:
Been to just one Winnebago dealer so far and frankly don't think phoning them will give us the answer. The sales staff seems to be just that, sales staff. Not experienced or overly-knowledgeable RVers.

In a nutshell what are the major differences between these seemingly very similar Winnebago gas A's?:

Sightseer 36Z

Sunova 36Z

Sunstar LX 35F

Vista LX 35F

My opinion so just read it and keep it in mind. Currently in a Sun Cruiser and have previously owned 2 other class A’s from Winnebago. The models listed are of lessor quality so do yourself a favor and keep shopping. For budget concerns just go a little older but try to stay near the top of the line. I speak from experience! Adventurer or Sun Cruiser and you won’t regret it. Spend some time in both, drive them and listen and feel the difference. Lower new llist price comes at a cost somewhere.

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Go here and look at the specifications for each:

Winnebago Class A Gassers
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
The Winnebago and Itasca nameplates are like Chevy and GMC. Same vehicle, different paint and trim.

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Just talked to Winnebago yesterday with the same types of questions. What he told me is that in the different units most of it is in the color combinations. He did have a few other things that he said but it didn't matter to me. Call General RV center and use extension 7087. Brian Sinatra. He was very helpful to me. He may be part of the factory from what i gathered from the conversation.
Dennis Hoppert