cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevost......if you really could buy your dream!

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was parked next to a custom Prevost in NJ the other day and man, this thing was sweeeet! Named something like "Diamond Elegant Lady" or close to that. Made my old Class C seem like, well, an old Class C. If money wasn't an issue, and you were looking to spend between $150k to $250k, would you buy one of these top-of-the-line older Prevost and get the quality of a Prevost? Seen many programs on building these beauties, but this was the first I've seen in person and it really was a show-stopper. Looked at a few RV trader units online and with the material quality put into these, just wondering if others would consider buying a slightly "dated" unit in order to have all the high-quality finishes and assuming a superior engineered build.
21 REPLIES 21

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
As wonderful and impressive as those mega-motorhomes are, me and my wife owning one would be the worst fit, even if receiving a brand new one free. Putting the cost of annual ownership aside, it is all about where you want to travel and the type of accommodations you appreciate. We avoid RV parks as much as possible because we don't like the trailer park atmosphere. But those places are social melding pots and so I understand the social attraction, especially when snow-birding. It's just not our definition of "getting away" to the places we enjoy visiting on our 3-4 week annual trip during the travel season.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's ironic about those huge highway queen mega-coaches is their tank capacities - which are a remote/boondock camper's dream ... but they can't go out there where a remote/boondock camper wants to go. As a result, you see the big luxury Class A's in full hookup campgrounds.

To me that's the most compelling aspect of motorhomes like the Earthroamer: They have large capacity tanks that are carried with you right out there into the middle of nowhere "where camping is the best". 🙂
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I wintered in Palm city Florida one year I visited Liberty Coach who sold Prevost conversions. I had to take my shoes off to see the inside. The quality was nice but I could not figure out what I would do with it. I went through about 6 models some new some used nothing was under 40 ft. I suppose if you just want to go to RV resorts with full hookups it would would be nice other wise most places I would want to go it wouldn't. My wife would be yelling about fish blood and getting it dirty. I think an Earth Roamer or another 4x4 as Phil and Ron mentioned would be much more practical for myself.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
I have always been intrigued by diesel pushers, but they are physically too big for our travel style. If we lost our current rig due to theft or damage, and we had garage big enough, I would look at a late model DP Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR. That DP model in particular is less than 30 feet long, and has a low profile. I don't know if it would be my "dream" motor home, but it would be #1 on my shopping list. Who knows....I might scratch it off my list after my initial walk-thru & test drive, but I surely would check it out. Oh, and I would have a lot of cash left over 🙂

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
VA-Apraisr wrote:
Pnichols.....don't have that Phoenix Cruiser but yes mine is a 4x4 for fishing on the beach and yes won't see a Prevost parked next to me out there anytime soon

John .... sorry regarding my thinking it was you who had a Phoenix Cruizer 4X4 Class C. That was SweetWaterSurprise that some time ago posted a photo of his 4X4 PC on the beach.

BTW if you should ever have an extra ~$1.5M laying around collecting dust, Earthroamer does have a $1.5M model available if you really want to camp and go fishing way out there past any Prevost where you'll have all the fish to yourself (that stratospheric price is showing down near the bottom):
https://earthroamer.com/xv-hd/

2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
LOL - can imagine the look on my wife's face when I came off the beach with my two wet dogs in the early morning -- she would lock the rig and make both the dogs and me take a shower and dry off b4 she allowed me in her fancy home. Real change in lifestyle.
Kevin

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
For that 150K you could supply fresh clean water to thousands of people, and still have money left over to buy a nice used RV. Your choice I guess where you put your priorities.

judgmental guilt trip
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good conversations and as mentioned, nice to dream big! Was just super impressed by the beauty of this thing parked next to my paid-for and trusted 2004 Fourwinds. Pnichols.....don't have that Phoenix Cruiser but yes mine is a 4x4 for fishing on the beach and yes won't see a Prevost parked next to me out there anytime soon 🙂

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
VA-Apraisr wrote:
Was parked next to a custom Prevost in NJ the other day and man, this thing was sweeeet! Named something like "Diamond Elegant Lady" or close to that. Made my old Class C seem like, well, an old Class C. If money wasn't an issue, and you were looking to spend between $150k to $250k, would you buy one of these top-of-the-line older Prevost and get the quality of a Prevost? Seen many programs on building these beauties, but this was the first I've seen in person and it really was a show-stopper. Looked at a few RV trader units online and with the material quality put into these, just wondering if others would consider buying a slightly "dated" unit in order to have all the high-quality finishes and assuming a superior engineered build.

250 would get you a down payment. We have friends with a Prevost, It's all black on the top half, polished stainless on the lower, 500 Detroit Diesel (DDEC) with an Allison trans, self levelling air ride all around, marble bath and wood floors (real wood as in oak). Top end is triple digits. been in it 3 times, Cannot afford the insurance let alone the asking price, their's was 1.5 mil.

Pure, hand built class.

I'd like to have a Bluebird Wanderlodge myself. 3126 Cat with an Allison and all the luxury and a 100 plus top speed too. Lots cheaper. 1/4 mil.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
nope. The more bells and whistles, the more potential for things to go wrong. Plus Prevosts are way too large to get in at most gas stations and many campgrounds, severely limiting their appeal for me. I like an easy to drive unit, not a white knuckle 45 foot beast. Normal size class c is the way to go.

Gdub2
Explorer
Explorer
Just the bus alone is around 500,000 no paint
no interior. Custom build for each lucky owner.

The best part is that a new Prevost will not run you $150 - $250k . .

There is a 2019 for 2.1 million... a 2000 for $189,000 and so on....

If someone can afford them, thats awesome for them.... They most likely worked there arse off to become comfortable enough... or won the lottery 🙂
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
For that 150K you could supply fresh clean water to thousands of people, and still have money left over to buy a nice used RV. Your choice I guess where you put your priorities.

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
The problem with buying that 15-20 year old $150K coach is how much will it cost to maintain it.