cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TDInewguy and his super singles

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last September TDInewguy embarked on a program to put super singles and other weight saving devices on his class A. He was making regular posts through the test drive then suddenly went silent. I sent him a PM but did not get a response. Does anyone know what happened to him or the project?
5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
1 trip does not give you any usable information about fuel mileage. Maybe he has has some empirical data now but he did not have anything at the end of that 1 trip.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did not realize that he had done it before but I was actually looking for a continuation of this post from last September:
TDInewguy

Minneapolis, MN

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/17 11:36pm Link | Quote | Print | Notify Moderator
First long trip is on the books...

I will say that I was facing an unusual amount of headwinds on this trip -- which can be seen at www.hint.fm

When the winds subsided I got a full tank measurement and that gave me roughly 5-6% improvement in fuel consumption. I have never broken 8mpg with this rig while towing and I was at 8.5 for much of the tank and it dropped a bit at the end due to rush hour in-town driving.

There will be more trips to show more data, but they have been pleasant to ride on.

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
He actually did it back in 2008. Used them for 100,000 miles. Just search his username for more of his posts about them.

Like this old post
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nobody on here is ever too embarrassed to post whatever may have gone wrong.
Puma 30RKSS

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
He realized he wasted his money and is too embarrassed to post!
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab