Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Bra Ques ?

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
The other RV Bra question got me to wondering:

Is it advisable to put a bra on the front of the vehicle?

From my past experience with similar bras on cars I wouldn't do it no way in 'heck'. Despite following the instructions to the letter, dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's, they ruined the finish wherever they rubbed. And there's no way to get them tight enough so they won't rub.
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Bra's are a bad idea. That is why OEM's went to 3M and Diamond plate. Bra's are UGLY, no, they are UGLY. They look worse than any pits or rock damage that will happen in transit. Also, as the previous poster mentioned, unless you spend time removing them and cleaning the BACK SIDE of the BRA(not the cap), the dirt and debris that gets caught acts like sandpaper and makes the cap look worse than no Bra from road debris. So, if you have/want a BRA, only have it installed when you travel and when you get to your destination remove the BRA and clean the backside. This is more work than most RV'ers will want to do. Doug

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone's experiences are different, but we've had a bra on this Bus and the previous 2008 Bus. We put 75,000 miles on the 2008 and are at 86,000 on the 2013. When I put the bra on the 2008, it had Diamond Shield and the DS was starting to deteriorate in less than a year. I peeled it off and after repairing the paint issues the bra stayed on for all travel. That Bus had 4 trips to Alaska. The 2013 has seen 4 Alaska trips and was ordered WITHOUT Diamond Shield. Bra's work for us. Ya just have to clean behind them, but they sure protect against rocks.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes but if the finish is already pitted and not looking very good, a 6-700 bra vs a 5 grand front end paint job might be a alternative.
Bill

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I think you have accurately discussed the issues with a vehicle BRA.
bumpy