cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Reviews Online??

Sastma
Explorer
Explorer
In my research of RVs I have found it somewhat difficult to find reviews that don't just lead me to a dealers site.

Sites like RVGuide.com could be a good source, if enought reviews have been applied. For example Holiday Rambler Arista 2010 has a 5 star rating based on two entries: 1) Great Coach, 2) ...great first season... So they are not exactly a good indicator of longevity and quality.

RVreview.net allows you to purchase individual report for 24.95 each or multiple reports at discounted rates. Well worth it if they are.

What is your opinion? Do you have other good sources?

BTW if anyone has insight into a 2010 Arista, I'd love to hear your experience.
7 REPLIES 7

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why not see if the coach your interested in has a owners group, Like Beaver owners, National RV owners, etc. Then just log into the sight and see what problems they are talking about or just enter a question in that groups forum.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Sastma
Explorer
Explorer
Great input, thank you
Over the past 4 years, I've had the opportunity to drive 2 Class Cs (04 Sun Seeker, 06 Granite Ridge) and 2 Class As (07 Mirada, 05 Sea Breeze). The quality of the build and how well they were maintained was noticeable. Also, noticeable was the difference between the powertrains. For example the 07 Mirada took on hills much better and the 05 Sea Breeze but the Sea Breeze was a better build quality.
In my search for reviews, I was hoping to find current and previous owners that loved, hated or just got along with their choice. But I've found that there are so many brands and models that its really hit or miss.
If all goes positively, we will be making our first Class A purchase soon. Looking forward to jumping into your ranks and joining the fun!!!

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
The reviews that I have seen are all superficial and sometimes come down to opinions. I think it was the Wynns that did a youtube video on my coach and hated it for having a mid door which is my favorite feature. They didn't pick up on any of the items that have actually caused me trouble.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
It has one recall. Go here and enter the VIN# (which most dealers or even private owners are happy to provide): NHTSA

I know from personal experience how difficult it is to get current and meaningful information on a used RV. I did nearly all my research here on RV net, than on iRV2 dot com asking about issues. After a few years of reading, I'd narrowed my search down to 5 brands and models. Even than it took over a year of reading online ads and visiting consignment lots to find something I wanted that 'wasn't too bad'.

It's hard. Takes forever. You're bound to make a mistake. You'll probably spend too much. Join us.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
It probably like review of houses. Almost nobody does. Or if they found themselves with a lemon, they just live with it and do modifications and improvement themselves.

Downtheroad is right, it's about maintenance -- well, again just like houses.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Since you are looking at motorhomes, have you checked the drive portions history? Carfax, autocheck, and a couple of other services can be helpful in determining if the rig was in a collision or other major incident. You could also check to see if there are any recalls in some cases and if they were not corrected it may show a lack of maintenance or followup by the prior owner.

The RV guides for reviews, if you check you will see little variation in the reviews, they all seem to be about the same. The industry seems to use those to protect itself.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
You probably already have the brochure but if not, here it is.........LINK

With any 10 year old RV.....you can probably forget about reviews. It is going to be all about MAINTENANCE....how well it has been taken care of and where it has been stored (inside or outside).
Have it professionally inspected top to bottom including ANY signs of past leaks.

Good luck with you search.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro