cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to fix my step on my Arista

pequeajim
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 34 foot Arista that has a automatic step which the guy cutting my grass hit with his mower. I want to try to fix it if I can but I don't know how the thing operates. I looked underneath and couldn't see a screw drive or motor or anything like that. Can anybody help me? Is there any documentation available for this?
Holiday Rambler Arista & Jeep Liberty Toad
3 REPLIES 3

pequeajim
Explorer
Explorer
There's an on-off switch which I shut off after I disconnected the batteries so it's disconnected and the switch is off, no chance of the motor turning. I could see where the steps come apart so I'll take it apart and then look in there and see if I can find the motor see if there's a rod that's bent.

I wasn't sure if it was a rod that pushed back and forth or a screw mechanism.
Holiday Rambler Arista & Jeep Liberty Toad

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
First thing: When you go to fiddle with it....Unhook EVERY battery on your RV. An unexpected movement of the step mechanism under power can easily chop off a finger. RVs vary, some power the steps off the house battery, some off the chassis, some have a transfer arrangement so it can be powered by either. Be safe! You will find the motor is out of sight above the top step. You will have to unbolt the rod that connects the steps to the motor for them to move away and expose it. With any luck, you'll be able to straighten whatever is bent after you get it all apart. A big hammer and a concrete road is your friend.

Sastma
Explorer
Explorer
This may be helpful. Its a video explaining the step. Not sure what type is on the Arista but i may find out soon as i may prchase a 2010.
Hope it helps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QMf2VCbwv90