Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you like Holiday Rambler Arista?

Sastma
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks,
I’m new and excited to be purchasing my first ClassA. I’m considering a 2010 Arista 34 sbd with 29k miles. Any experienced arista owners or those with insights into this particular coach?

Thank you,
Tom
5 REPLIES 5

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Sastma wrote:
Tires are good, but I did find out there was a blowout some time ago, nothing noticeble, otherwise tires are good.

OK, they looked good. But, with RV tires, the important issue, particularly in a very low mileage coach is HOW OLD ARE THEY-- from the DOT number. Quite possibly some are 8 years old and need to be replaced irrespective of what they look like.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Sastma
Explorer
Explorer
It’s a good looking coach. Took a 30 Mille drive that include hills and curves. Rode quite, could even hear the family in the back ;-). Tires are good, but I did find out there was a blowout some time ago, nothing noticeble, otherwise tires are good. A few times, unknowingly I was going 75mph, so to me it road very well.
Generator, two AC’s operated very well.
One AC unit was replaced.
One concern I do have are the slides. I did not look closely at their operation but worked as expected. I’ve experienced slide breakdown on the 07 Mirada I used. The 05 SeaBreeze has a real good system.
This weekend, I’ll be returning for a final look. My checklist includes getting on the roof.
Is anyone familiar with the type of slides on a 2010 HR Arista?
I want to look closer for any delamination issues. Someone told me this model year had potential for delam due to construction changes as the coach was built with R-Vision technology. Thoughts on that???

Thank you for the guidance

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
We looked at a few online and the floorplan is pretty nice. What we did notice is that the amount of storage/cabinets in the bedroom is limited compared to many similar units. But, we didn't actually look at one....so it's just something to consider.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

TCollins
Explorer
Explorer
I am not familiar with the Arista, however if you look at enough motorhomes in this price range they begin to all look similar (or familiar). That is because they all use the same basic components. The Ford V10 is a good motor built for many mile of use with proper maintenance.

All of the systems should be inspected to be sure they are functioning properly. Since you say you are new to RVing I would suggest investing in a professional (not the dealer) who will do a thorough inspection and report any problems back to you.

Before you get to that point the most important thing to consider is the floorplan itself. If it is a floorplan you love go for it and enjoy the trip.

TomC

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Less than 4000 miles per year. Maintenance records intact? How’s the roof look? Age of the tires?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad