cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dometic frig replacement in my toy hauler

Double_A
Explorer
Explorer
I am replacing the Dometic 2652 frig in my toyhauler. The installation instructions call for a complete seal between all sides of the front frame of the frig and the face of the enclosure. This is to provide complete isolation of the frig's combustion system from the interior of the trailer.

My question is what is the proper type of sealing material to use? I haven't removed the old one yet so I don't know what was used before.

I want to get the new sealing material before I start so I have everything on hand when I do the switch.

Thanks for the help....
4 REPLIES 4

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Just a decently tight fit is fine. They don't use any sealer around the fridge but sometimes (rarely) they use some thin foam weather stripping..

Y-Guy
Hopefully this article will give you a bit of help *Click Here*

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

sgip2000
Explorer
Explorer
Fiberglass insulation is what is typically used.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Double A wrote:
I am replacing the Dometic 2652 frig in my toyhauler. The installation instructions call for a complete seal between all sides of the front frame of the frig and the face of the enclosure. This is to provide complete isolation of the frig's combustion system from the interior of the trailer.

My question is what is the proper type of sealing material to use? I haven't removed the old one yet so I don't know what was used before.

I want to get the new sealing material before I start so I have everything on hand when I do the switch.

Thanks for the help....

I replaced my cooling element once so had to pull the fridge out and lay it on the floor. There was no sealer or gasket that I remember, it's not completely air tight. I would just use some foam type peel/stick weather stripping.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX