cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CB antenna

hotcap
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a used pace arrow. I see the CB connection by the dash. Where would the cable run to for a antenna install?
7 REPLIES 7

hotcap
Explorer
Explorer
thanks. It is on the roof but not sure if i need a no ground plane antenna as the frame is all aluminum even though the coach is fiberglass.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The antenna connector is a coxial connector. (Center pin with a 1/2 inch fine thread nut)

It can go anywhere. Depending on how tall your RV is. Some tall RV's they put a little rubber finger on the roof oh 7-18 inches long. Worthless.
Some owners put it on a mirror (I did with one of my Ham Antennas)

Some put it on the side (My CB antenna is mounted on the "A" pillar)

IF it goes to the roof WITHOUT and antenna you will have to tone it out to find it. Cable tracker device. use only the nut/shield. ignore the center wire. For the Transmitter when tracking the cable.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Are you seeing an antenna connector or just a power and ground connector?

fishingbob61
Explorer
Explorer
When you get the CB up and working,monitor and use ch 13. 13 is the unoffical RV channel.
Bob and Sue
51 years camping
2005 Fleetwood Bounder DP
2004 Chevy. Tahoe

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the other end us somewhere in 1978 ๐Ÿ˜‰
-- Chris Bryant

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Not sure what you are looking for. If you are looking for where the ant. exits the unit, most likely it would be on the side or roof. All though the past owner could have had one that mounts on the glass.I am not sure what type of CB connection would be on the dash. The only connections is the power and ant. I know that when I sold my units I pulled the power and left the ant. cable.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Mirror or roof