cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

f150 supercab short box

newbie_canuck
Explorer
Explorer
hi; new to 5th wheeling. bought 26 ft. triple e and having receiver installed today on f150 short box. I know i need a sidewinder extension but my issue is i need to pickup trailer and get it to hitch guys to install it. Can this be done. carefully. without sidewinder?
10 REPLIES 10

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
You will someday be amazed at how much more comfortable the ride is in a long-bed, crew cab.

Wheelbase length counts.

(Don't ask about turning circle!)
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Maury82
Explorer
Explorer
nickthehunter wrote:
You people donโ€™t know the weight of his 5er or the ratings on his truck and your already pAssing judgement. Why donโ€™t you just Answer the question asked or keep quit until you know what you are talking about (translation: facts not guesses).

That was my first thought...just answer the question!!

That guy didn't ask any questions about the truck's capabilities in towing the trailer...that is so annoying.

newbie_canuck
Explorer
Explorer
thanks guys; Got it done. I'll post better info next time.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Triple E is the MFG
Here's a link to 2008. There's other years also.
Nice looking units.
https://cdn.ltvdns.com/tripleerv.com/downloads/pdf/2008/topaz_2008_brochure.pdf

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
You people donโ€™t know the weight of his 5er or the ratings on his truck and your already pAssing judgement. Why donโ€™t you just Answer the question asked or keep quit until you know what you are talking about (translation: facts not guesses).

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it's anything like my friends unit it's about 8,000 pounds empty.

Unless you've got a 5 liter truck with a deep rear end ratio you're going to be pretty overloaded.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
And does "new to 5th wheeling" mean new to towing or just 5vers?
Donno has a point in that different peeps have differnet skills, abilities and comfort levels and a bigger truck than what you have IS the "safer" answer if you're totally inexperienced with this.
Also intended use and duty cycle come into play, I'd suggest doing some reading first if you have questions. You didn't post much info to chew over and "F150" could mean base model NA 6 banger work truck, Raptor, or it could mean Eco boost max tow max payload, etc etc. totally differnet capabilities.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Or if you aren't into buying a new truck, if your pin weight is reasonable as is the trailer weight (no idear what a 26' triple e is...) then there's no reason the truck can't be capable of pulling it, save for when you say short bed, do you mean short short or medium short?
I'd be cautious of the 5.5 bed and actually being able to get the pin over the axle at all.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
There is no way I would consider doing this. Trade the truck for a 250/2500 and move on.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Have you asked hitch guys to transport the new 5er?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad