cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bunkhouse models?

cardtarget
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everybody, we sold our "intro" Class C a few months ago and are in the market for an upgrade. We have decided we want one with a bunk bed (bunkhouse), and used.

I've been looking at the Sunseeker 3170DS. Ideally looking at a 2012-2014 model for price reasons.

We've also looked at the Thor Chateau 31E bunkhouse.

Are there any other bunkhouse models I'm missing that we should check out?
4 REPLIES 4

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is much more roomy up there than in the older motorhomes. When I sit on the edge of the overcab bunk, I only need to lower my head a little. I could never do that in my 96 Jayco. The TV is on an electric swivel so if you keep it flat for bunk viewing or rotate it out if viewing while on the couch.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

cardtarget
Explorer
Explorer
T18skyguy wrote:
We own a Jayco 31FS which is a bunkhouse model. We really like it, and the standard J ride options really help with the handling and ride. I looked carefully at the Sunseeker. It has some nice features, but the overall build quality and chassis options on the Jayco won us over. As of 2017, Jayco's hitch was the only one rated to 7,500 lbs, rather than 5000. Good luck with your search.

Is there room to sleep in the above cab area with the TV? It's hard to tell from the pictures online. Looks like it's recessed a little bit.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
We own a Jayco 31FS which is a bunkhouse model. We really like it, and the standard J ride options really help with the handling and ride. I looked carefully at the Sunseeker. It has some nice features, but the overall build quality and chassis options on the Jayco won us over. As of 2017, Jayco's hitch was the only one rated to 7,500 lbs, rather than 5000. Good luck with your search.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

4gone
Explorer
Explorer
We just got a Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31G. Like the build quality and attention to detail.
2018 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31G
2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Even Brake
Firestone air bags
Blue Ox Alladin tow bar
Hankook Tires