cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Room mates Peel and Stick tile_Update_Pictures

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
We were in one of our local Wal-Marts last week and found they are now carrying the Room Mates brand of peel and stick tiles. The same as Smart Tiles. The 4-pack was marked @$14.98 each. we got home and I did a web search on them and found the web page for Room Mates Stick tiles,
https://roommatesdecor.com/stick-tiles/ and the design the we liked on the website was listed at $25.99 a 4-pk. More than $10.00 a pack higher. So I went back to the store and bought all eight packs of the one we liked. There should be enough to do the kitchen back splash, and the fireplace surround. Just in case the adhesive isn't as strong as on the Smart Tiles I plan to also use a light coat of 3M spray adhesive to help with the bonding.

Pictures to follow... soon I hope.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
19 REPLIES 19

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well done! Thanks for posting the photos.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

MrWizard
nice job, looks very nice
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
The weather held for the most of the day, just a light shower after I got started on my back splash. I lucked out and only had 2 bad cuts, around the window, but they were both able to be used later, so Yay me.
And now for the pictures...

This is what was there to start. It was a translucent "film" that bubbled up and began sliding down the wall less than 2 years after we bought the trailer.

This is the pattern we bought, It is called "Distressed Wood" By Room Mates.

All clean and ready.

Stove area done.

Kitchen area finished.

Bathroom was next.

I am pleased with how it looks and it makes the room a lot brighter which is what we wanted.
John ๐Ÿ˜›

2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is very simple to put pictures into your post on these forums.
To post photos do the following:

1. Upload your photo, one at a time, to this site.

2. Copy the resulting URL.

3. Paste the URL directly into your post with NO modifications. Do not add or subtract anything from the URL.

Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on these forums. Do the same for each additional photo.

You just Upload, copy, and paste.
If you would like to practice doing that, just go to this thread that I started in the DIY forum to try out the app.

This app was developed by one of our own moderators to simplify the posting of pictures. All that needs to be done is upload your picture to our site, then paste the resulting URL into your posts.

Could not be much more simple to do than that! ๐Ÿ™‚ You don't even have to worry about the size of the photo as the software will re-size it to our forum recommendations.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
/Users/suevaughn/Desktop/RV.NET: Photo Posting.webarchive
/Users/suevaughn/Desktop/IMG_1450.jpg/Users/suevaughn/Desktop/IMG_1444.jpg

Bob,
When you use the photo posting app, it converts the image file on your computer to an Imgur file with the IMG tags on the ends of the file name. That converted file can then be copied and pasted directly into an RVnet thread. What you've posted is the original file names that exist on your computer, not the converted file using the app.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
/Users/suevaughn/Desktop/RV.NET: Photo Posting.webarchive
/Users/suevaughn/Desktop/IMG_1450.jpg/Users/suevaughn/Desktop/IMG_1444.jpg

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
We have plans to do the install this weekend. that being said, we now have a 60% chance of rain this weekend.
John ๐Ÿ˜›

2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
gbopp wrote:
We'll be waiting for the pictures. :C

The main reason few post photos is it is so convoluted to try to post photos to their posts....

This image posting app makes an easy job of posting pictures: Photoposting app
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
We'll be waiting for the pictures. :C

The main reason few post photos is it is so convoluted to try to post photos to their posts....

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Make sure the back-splash is absolutely clean and there is not a trace of grease or oil.
The tiles don't stick quite as well to our vinyl wall paper as they do to anything else but it is doable.

I would usually agree (not taking issue on your statement, Scott) but I recently removed the backsplash tile (about 12โ€ squares) from our Arctic Fox. Part was on the wood from the cabinet and part from the vinyl wall paper. It was stuck better to the wall paper than wood. The wood hardly any clean up but a good 30 minutes or so on the wall paper just getting the old black rubber backing off, then a bit more prep to make the new stick. Like anything, the prep is 90% of the work.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Unless they are marked low VOC make sure you have all the windows open when you put them down. MANY 'peel and stick' have a very strong chemical smell to them.

The ones I tried (and I tried 4 different brands) I had to return them all due to the intense chemical smell.

I put the closed boxes of the tiles in the back and the smell consumed my coach while they were "still in the boxs' they came in.

Can cause serious breathing problems in adults, kids and especially pets.

These peel and stick are tested for dangerous levels of fumes in homes with larger square footage. Not small RV's.

Just saying maybe they have new products of peel and stick that don't smell. But the ones I bought sure did smell! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the good advise, it will be a couple of weeks before I have the time to spend doing this project, I hope I have a little time ti hit up YouTube and check out many right way/wrong way how to's.
John ๐Ÿ˜›

2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:
Depending on the adhesive on the tiles you may have a problem still as not all adhesives are compatible.

yep, don't cause a problem trying to solve one.
bumpy